Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It got hot here today. So cooling off before we go visit mom shortly. A/C in shop was doing ok, only the 2nd time i had it on.
It kinda cooled down here yesterday and we dared turned the AC off.
Our first time since late May.

Quite a bit...
Its easier to list all the things.
1. Someone at the shop I worked at for the last few weeks of high school had a "meltdown" and didn't come in. Boss called me because I - and I quote - "is the only guy I had that I would hire back".

2. Took my toolbox over two Saturdays ago and have been full time light duty mechanic. (today is my day off)

3. Boss told me of a 1974 dart sport and a built 340 that someone skipped out on paying for and he is going to let me have it for whatever the lean is on it. (unbelievably solid and complete) the 340 is at our neighboring shop and is $2400.

4. I now have a matco tool truck account. the beginning of the end.
Looks like things are going the way you want. Don’t go nuts on tools,snap on approved 20 grand credit for me based on my shop rate. I was spending roughly $7,000 a year on tools in the first 3 years. But paid for every tool. I dont owe them one dime.
The biggest money maker you have is between your ears, the rest is irrelevant. Dont get me wrong, i love quality tools, some have saved me a ton of time, my air hammer is a prime example. Its nasty! Makes quick work on many different jobs.

Looks like things are going the way you want. Don’t go nuts on tools,snap on approved 20 grand credit for me based on my shop rate. I was spending roughly $7,000 a year on tools in the first 3 years. But paid for every tool. I dont owe them one dime.
The biggest money maker you have is between your ears, the rest is irrelevant. Dont get me wrong, i love quality tools, some have saved me a ton of time, my air hammer is a prime example. Its nasty! Makes quick work on many different jobs.
I am only going to buy specialty tools from that truck. the rest of the things i'll have in my box will be harbor freight or used. like I already lost a ratchet, extension, and socket in a f-150s engine bay. just gone. but because it's a 5.4 three valve; it came back with a dead hole. so I might be able to get it back.
but I checked on the matco truck and a SINGLE ratchet was 260 DOLLARS. WHAT??? so I will be using that account sparingly.

Weather permitting, those of you along the Canadian border and further north may get to see a display of the Aurora Borealis tonight. :D
Lots of Solar debris in the atmosphere, so much so that they say it may affect communications and such. Quiet here today, not even close to the predicted 80°.

Dang @Sublime one ...sitting out on the deck and looked at my feet... :lol:

20220817_184346.jpg

Weather permitting, those of you along the Canadian border and further north may get to see a display of the Aurora Borealis tonight. :D
Lots of Solar debris in the atmosphere, so much so that they say it may affect communications and such. Quiet here today, not even close to the predicted 80°.
Get to see it here but not a lot and only in one color most of the time it's green or aqua but been in Canada not to far up and then it gets real colorful.
I'll see if shows up. Thunder storms tonight here so might not see it.

Get to see it here but not a lot and only in one color most of the time it's green or aqua but been in Canada not to far up and then it gets real colorful.
I'll see if shows up. Thunder storms tonight here so might not see it.

That's usually a winter time thing? Right? Just being a dumb SoCalifornian I get kinda excited over silly things like that :D. I don't recall ever seeing them that summer in Manitoba as a kid, but I really didn't know to watch for them.

That's usually a winter time thing? Right? Just being a dumb SoCalifornian I get kinda excited over silly things like that :D. I don't recall ever seeing them that summer in Manitoba as a kid, but I really didn't know to watch for them.
I watch almost every night but most of the time I go to bed early the last 2 years.
Simply amazing to see.

I watch almost every night but most of the time I go to bed early the last 2 years.
Simply amazing to see.

Numerous nights I spent on top of an aggregate stockpile away from the lights of the city to catch a glimpse of a comet or asteroid display :lol:. If I fall asleep eventually one of the loader operators would find me :rofl:

Finally get a 2 door charger we have been begging for nearly two decades and they make it f-Ing all electric

0FE466E6-CD30-4B41-BB0F-BE3BF792FCF4.png

112DBAE3-E0FB-406E-94F4-0D6A7E603FFC.png

Mostly winter, but i have seen some amazing ones in summer. Overcast tonight, it may clear up by dark. If i go out in the back yard, its wide open, a good place to watch.

Like Fred we watch for them all the time being this far North. It is simply amazing to watch. We don’t get to see it very often here but sometimes. I got to watch it once while I was up in the Arctic Circle, it was like a living thing, we about froze to death watching it but did not want to miss any of it. Never seen anything like it. Here it is just not the vibrant colors. But still amazing.

Well wife is finally revving down. Pictures are taken of house, price is established and sign goes in yard tomorrow. Already got a fish nibbling wants a tour tomorrow. We are not using a realtor so we can have a bit more flex. Jodi heads back to Ark this weekend so looks like I am the tour guide. I figure “my cut” for showing the house is likely gonna be a new blaster of some kind. Or maybe a pair of litter mate German Shepard puppies in Ark.

Like Fred we watch for them all the time being this far North. It is simply amazing to watch. We don’t get to see it very often here but sometimes. I got to watch it once while I was up in the Arctic Circle, it was like a living thing, we about froze to death watching it but did not want to miss any of it. Never seen anything like it. Here it is just not the vibrant colors. But still amazing.
They’re forecasting the best chance for us to see them in the last 30 years. So I’m loading up about 10pm and heading to the farm.

Numerous nights I spent on top of an aggregate stockpile away from the lights of the city to catch a glimpse of a comet or asteroid display :lol:. If I fall asleep eventually one of the loader operators would find me :rofl:
Well just so happens I have an asteroid from Arizona made of nickle an iron a heavy rock weighing just under 3 pounds.
IMG_20211002_211314046.jpg

Well wife is finally revving down. Pictures are taken of house, price is established and sign goes in yard tomorrow. Already got a fish nibbling wants a tour tomorrow. We are not using a realtor so we can have a bit more flex. Jodi heads back to Ark this weekend so looks like I am the tour guide. I figure “my cut” for showing the house is likely gonna be a new blaster of some kind. Or maybe a pair of litter mate German Shepard puppies in Ark.
Puppies YES !!!:thumbsup:

Damn John make sure the people touring your house brings Hemi treats.

-
Back