Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A nice one

68476EE5-1304-4DD8-BF56-776C529D9B73.png

Yep, talked to @Sublime one
No concrete pour today, he already canceled the pour, good talking to him.
Everyone have a groovy day, got to get moving, go see my doctor and pick up a bluing kit for my good old 870 12 ga .

20221013_114737.jpg

look at the pan. even from the top view looks to me like 904/999

My guess is the tail is trom a truck application, assuming the shorter tail is for cars.
That’s what I’m thinking as well. Especially the way the mounts look

You guys are ahead of me. Maybe Chris has a book on some of the variations/applications for the 904s.

look at the pan. even from the top view looks to me like 904/999

My guess is the tail is trom a truck application, assuming the shorter tail is for cars.

Yes... 904 pan, 904 ID markings on the housing. The main housing comes up as Valiant/Dart... I've not had any fortune in coming up with a differentiation between the vehicle applications that might change the length of the tail.

A puzzlement

Technically yea. But it’d probably require the gear set to be changed too. Especially the output shaft.

I don't think there was that much work put in it. The builder had this core and worked from there.

Direct Connection only has a bit of info.
Says A-727s are 34.39" (casting fromt to casting back) except some shorter versions for certain trucks models
22.66 inches front of casting to center of trans mount.

A-904/998/999 are 30.5"
22.66 to center of trans mount.

Hint hint. That might be worth checking.

Yes... 904 pan, 904 ID markings on the housing. The main housing comes up as Valiant/Dart... I've not had any fortune in coming up with a differentiation between the vehicle applications that might change the length of the tail.

A puzzlement

I don't think there was that much work put in it. The builder had this core and worked from there.
From what I’m finding, nothing out of the ordinary about it. Seems there was a heavy duty 904 used for 64/65 only. There’s a note on the 62-65 B body website that just says it has a bigger case that causes fitment issue but doesn’t say longer . I’m betting that’s what they are meaning

From what I’m finding, nothing out of the ordinary about it. Seems there was a heavy duty 904 used for 64/65 only. There’s a note on the 62-65 B body website that just says it has a bigger case that causes fitment issue but doesn’t say longer . I’m betting that’s what they are meaning

OK thanks Chris.

I'll run that to ground today and give the builder a call and see what we might do. I don't want to eat the 2K I have in this one....Might just have to bring him my old one and have him rebuild it and see what we can work out.

Always something. LOL

As my brother keeps reminding me "Remember, this hobby is FUN"

-
Back