Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
:rofl:

Bless their hearts but I keep finding that this car was assembled with whatever was laying around on the assembly line, late on a Friday afternoon
It’s a 65. That’s why. 65 was a weird year across all platforms. Some got flanged axles, some didn’t. Some got ball and trunion, so didn’t, some got cable shifted, some weren’t. Some were cable shifted got older push button style cables, others didn’t. It’s like it was a eat up the inventory year

OK thanks Chris.

I'll run that to ground today and give the builder a call and see what we might do. I don't want to eat the 2K I have in this one....Might just have to bring him my old one and have him rebuild it and see what we can work out.

Always something. LOL

As my brother keeps reminding me "Remember, this hobby is FUN"
Or…. Instead of eating the cost in that one, just have your driveshaft cut and rebalanced. Cheaper, quicker.

Or…. Instead of eating the cost in that one, just have your driveshaft cut and rebalanced. Cheaper, quicker.

Thought about that. I was kinda hoping to keep the old one, rebuild it and have a spare since (obviously) these pushbuttons are getting harder to find. Maybe just hunt for a driveshaft. Littleredcoffin seems to have a bunch of parts lately. Maybe he has a B&T driveshaft.

Thought about that. I was kinda hoping to keep the old one, rebuild it and have a spare since (obviously) these pushbuttons are getting harder to find. Maybe just hunt for a driveshaft. Littleredcoffin seems to have a bunch of parts lately. Maybe he has a B&T driveshaft.I

Thought about that. I was kinda hoping to keep the old one, rebuild it and have a spare since (obviously) these pushbuttons are getting harder to find. Maybe just hunt for a driveshaft. Littleredcoffin seems to have a bunch of parts lately. Maybe he has a B&T driveshaft.
Has to be from an A body. But that said. They can be found rather cheap.

Would you have to find a different tranny mount?

Good morning. Wasn't ready for this today ..

20221017_063834.jpg

20221017_063842.jpg

20221017_065904.jpg

Thankfully in upper 60's this coming weekend. One last time to get a bunch done outside

So, I'm back to either a tail housing swap or rebuilding THIS transmission. PLEH
Could you make an adapter plate that goes from the cross member to the mount? Would be easier than cutting a new cross member in

So, I'm back to either a tail housing swap or rebuilding THIS transmission. PLEH
I’m thinking go back to the trans shop, tell them to take that one back and rebuild your existing one. At no additional charge

If you're only shortening it a few inches can you skip balancing?
Havent balanced one yet. The machinist claims the older driveshafts were never perfect, as in the yokes square to each other. When he squares them up, they are probably straighter than before he started.

Transmission builder will likely opt for swapping your tail end onto rebuilt one. If i was in the same situation i would modify transmission mount and shorten driveshaft.
But, i would have pulled transmission from car and have it rebuilt. This way there are no fitment issues.

Transmission builder will likely opt for swapping your tail end onto rebuilt one. If i was in the same situation i would modify transmission mount and shorten driveshaft.
But, i would have pulled transmission from car and have it rebuilt. This way there are no fitment issues.

Yeah... Lesson learned for sure. The far better path would be to just get this one rebuilt and then it slides right back in. I'll see if he has a market to sell the one that I bought and is willing to do the work on this older one.

I had planned to have the car on the road as long as possible while getting ready but the old transmission finally went T-U and trashed my plan.

Yeah... Lesson learned for sure. The far better path would be to just get this one rebuilt and then it slides right back in. I'll see if he has a market to sell the one that I bought and is willing to do the work on this older one.

I had planned to have the car on the road as long as possible while getting ready but the old transmission finally went T-U and trashed my plan.
Probably the best thing to do.

-
Back