Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. Woke up with a bloody nose, but got it taken care of right away, just up too early on a Sat. Snowing now, was raining last night about midnight. Strange.
I had that happen a few days ago. I think for me anyway it happens when low moisture in the house.

It's Sebring Saturday!

1670679569677.png

Good morning :D

I had that happen a few days ago. I think for me anyway it happens when low moisture in the house.
Morning fellas. I have a few moisture meters in the house. It will get into the 10-15% range if I don't run the humidifiers. We have hot water heat so it is real dry. I always liked fuel oil heat. It was quite moist.

Morning fellas. I have a few moisture meters in the house. It will get into the 10-15% range if I don't run the humidifiers. We have hot water heat so it is real dry. I always liked fuel oil heat. It was quite moist.
I have always preferred hot water heat over forced air except the central AC ability. I used to put bowls of water on the cast iron radiators. Helped a bunch

Running propane heat and without the humidifier it gets dry.

I have always preferred hot water heat over forced air except the central AC ability. I used to put bowls of water on the cast iron radiators. Helped a bunch
We have 1 zone with radiators. 2 zones with baseboard fin tube and one zone with a large coil in a forced air blower case (that provides a/c in the summer). It's a unusual system for sure.

He’s doing really good considering what he went through, staples come out this coming week, medicine routine and back to school after new year

<~~~~ gots dinosaur fart heat here
LMAO.
On the farm I had here in North Dakota I had my own water well and you could light a match under the faucet barely turn it on and it would light up from the natural gas from the ground just a bit. So what your saying I had crappy water. lol

If this storm we have here is the one that the newscasters say is going to traumatize the rest of the country in the next few days, it's going to be a real let down to all :lol:

So I pulled the carbs off. I was able to confirm. There are 76 jets in the primaries, no power valves, and rear metering plates are #12. I found it strange that despite the 1000rpm idle, the transfer slots were covered by the throttle plates. The secondaries were closed. So, everything I have read says the transfer slots should be visible below the blade by about 0.050" or a "square" when looking at it. Any thoughts? I worry it will idle much faster now as I had to turn the screw in about 0.100"
Ain't no magic number or symbols, well except for pyramids. When a carb has a pyramid shaped transfer slot, it has the great power of the bubba.

For a model 4150/60 family, older Holley's should have .020 to .040" showing on the primary slots at idle.
If the slots were made wider, or longer (common these days) then there is more area...
IIRC this is a pair of 1:1 carbs on a tunnel ram. So at minimum that twice the fueling at idle than a single 4 bbl on the same engine.
I don't recall - or maybe we didn't know how the secondary idle is fed. If its through a 'snake' passage in the throttle plate, or independent...
Map out everything that is accessible. Idle Air Bleeds, Idle Feed Restrictions (if not buried in the metering block's idle up passage, etc.

When heating air, the RH drops. Doesnt really matter how its heated.
Only exception would be an open flame since combustion results in some water formation. Open flame also heats the objects and people more than the air. win-win in that respect.
There's 'vapor pans' to add water to the heated air on a 'portable' warm air furnaces - mines from 1886. Having water heating on top of a plate stove goes back even further.

New garage door installed this morning. Custom ordered of course because of the size. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

Ain't no magic number or symbols, well except for pyramids. When a carb has a pyramid shaped transfer slot, it has the great power of the bubba.

For a model 4150/60 family, older Holley's should have .020 to .040" showing on the primary slots at idle.
If the slots were made wider, or longer (common these days) then there is more area...
IIRC this is a pair of 1:1 carbs on a tunnel ram. So at minimum that twice the fueling at idle than a single 4 bbl on the same engine.
I don't recall - or maybe we didn't know how the secondary idle is fed. If its through a 'snake' passage in the throttle plate, or independent...
Map out everything that is accessible. Idle Air Bleeds, Idle Feed Restrictions (if not buried in the metering block's idle up passage, etc.
Yes, these are 1:1 linkage on both carbs. All 8 barrels at once, within reason as there is some primary movement before secondary but not much. These are not double pumpers, 1850 style. No sure how secondary idle gets fed. I knowing I add metering blocks to the rear for jet changes, the idle mix screws will not work as the carb bodies aren't drilled for that. Does that help?

-
Back