Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Never had to work on push button but bet it's a pain.

So far so good.

Got the unit out of the dash... lost this micro clip but used a magnet to find it in the carpet.

Cleaned up the pushbutton arms. I believe they are bakelite, which is very cool

I'll run through the adjustment instructions tomorrow, get the cables attached and reinstall into the dash.

Hard part will be shifter cable adjustment by myself but I'll get it.

20221209_211358.jpg

20221209_205228.jpg

20221209_213005.jpg

20221209_213102.jpg

20221209_213548.jpg

So I pulled the carbs off. I was able to confirm. There are 76 jets in the primaries, no power valves, and rear metering plates are #12. I found it strange that despite the 1000rpm idle, the transfer slots were covered by the throttle plates. The secondaries were closed. So, everything I have read says the transfer slots should be visible below the blade by about 0.050" or a "square" when looking at it. Any thoughts? I worry it will idle much faster now as I had to turn the screw in about 0.100"

So far so good.

Got the unit out of the dash... lost this micro clip but used a magnet to find it in the carpet.

I'll run through the adjustment instructions tomorrow, get the cables attached and reinstall into the dash.

View attachment 1716020312

View attachment 1716020313

View attachment 1716020314

View attachment 1716020315

View attachment 1716020316
I'll say you got lucky , like looking for a needle in a haystack.:BangHead:

So I pulled the carbs off. I was able to confirm. There are 76 jets in the primaries, no power valves, and rear metering plates are #12. I found it strange that despite the 1000rpm idle, the transfer slots were covered by the throttle plates. The secondaries were closed. So, everything I have read says the transfer slots should be visible below the blade by about 0.050" or a "square" when looking at it. Any thoughts? I worry it will idle much faster now as I had to turn the screw in about 0.100"
My understanding was the square in the slots,and idle is set with timing. But i honestly dont know **** about holleys..

Good evening from Vietnam took a trip today to My Tho which older military guys will recognize as an American stronghold. A friend of hers father died so went there for the ceremony. Unlike any ceremonies you would see in America though. Hard to explain but very different. Probably because most people in Vietnam are Buddhists. She wanted me to light an incense and pray also, but I told her no, I ain't doing that. Lol
New video by Mitch “Mekong Mitch” LeFevre

Last edited:
Morning!
-2, thats just below freezing. And snow of course. Will be no fun driving to see mom today.

79° at 7:25 p.m. in My Tho. Stopped to eat some dinner. I want you all to look at the length of the hair on this girl that works here. Incredible !!!!!
PXL_20221210_122231117.jpg

Good morning everyone. Woke up with a bloody nose, but got it taken care of right away, just up too early on a Sat. Snowing now, was raining last night about midnight. Strange.

So far so good.

View attachment 1716020312

View attachment 1716020313

View attachment 1716020314

View attachment 1716020315

View attachment 1716020316
Thanks for the pictures I've never seen one appart.
do the cables adjust?

Last edited:
-
Back