Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So got up this morning very early to go to the embassy interview. They told us our interview was at 7:30 a.m. But the Visa attorney told us to be there by 6 a.m. I have never seen anything like this before in my life. Completely crazy. We get there at 6 a.m. and across the street from the embassy they're asking us to park and sit on these little stools while they try and sell you crap, food drinks etc. The damn doors of the embassy don't even open until 7:00 a.m. so at 6:50 everybody walks across the street and gets in line to go into the embassy. Probably 200 people long. Wait, wait, wait some more. Finally at 7:05 when they open the doors they have two security guards patting everybody down. Vietnamese subcontractors as guards outside the embassy. So you get inside and stand in line again for another 45 minutes. Then everything in your pockets has to go through the scanner and you go through security again basically. Then when you get inside you're in another line for the head clerk to check your paperwork and give you a number for the day. Our number was 2048. Sit down and wait an hour. Number is called. Go to the window. Check your paperwork. Paperwork okay. Go sit down again. Wait another hour. Your number is called again. Go to the window answer a few questions properly. Voila you now have passed your embassy interview. Only asked me two questions. Only asked her two questions. The process of getting through the interview was quite simple. But the rest of it was complete bullshit. Anyhow, happy to have her visa approval for her and her daughter now. Will be scheduling to come back to America in early April. Went back to the hotel drank a few beers ate something went to sleep at 1:00 p.m. and we got up at 5:30 p.m. . Now getting ready to go out to dinner someplace. All in all a productive day excluding the bullshit standing in line and waiting most of the morning. Seems to me that if you have an important interview scheduled at the embassy you show up on time for your interview you go in and sit for your interview. Everything is completely backwards here in Vietnam. But you just have to roll with the punches

Last edited:
Congrats Mitch that's great news painful as it sounded to get that done! That's gotta be a load off your mind, celebrate at your dinner and please tell the misses Congrats!

Morning!
-22 with wind chill it feels like -30. Windows wouldnt thaw on the hour long drive to visit mom last night. Mom was doing ok. So many ups and downs, i rest so much easier when we have a good visit.

I got a letter in the mail, regarding my Studebaker project. This gentleman knew the owner very well, said the owner would be thrilled to see it being put back on the road. Included the obituary, and a link to a website covering a little history about him, his family and his business. Once i visit the website, i compile a little story about the owner and put it in an album to keep with the truck. I think this will get more attention than the Fargo.

When my son had his 93 Wrangler we found a "Jeep Only" wrecking yard found pretty much anything we needed there. Not an uncommon vehicle, do you have any 4x4 specialties or wreckers nearby? Good luck!
Yeah that is the last resort. Napa supposedly has one , we shall see

Its a special edition holiday thong Thursday so wake up!

k-photo-strip-dancer-christmas-corporate-beautiful.jpg
16630360363f5c8cc831f2dca6b588ab3c3ffb5437.webp

Tikini man.jpg

Good morning all -2 here with wind and snow falling for a couple more hours oh boy!!

-4° here with -29° wind chill. It has quit snowing. I better get out and get vehicles moved so the wife can get to work. Crack that whip! :rofl:

LOL My SIL is always banging his shaved head on stuff. Got him a special needs helmet for Christmas. Keeping it tame this year.

s-l1600.jpg

So got up this morning very early to go to the embassy interview. They told us our interview was at 7:30 a.m. But the Visa attorney told us to be there by 6 a.m. I have never seen anything like this before in my life. Completely crazy. We get there at 6 a.m. and across the street from the embassy they're asking us to park and sit on these little stools while they try and sell you crap, food drinks etc. The damn doors of the embassy don't even open until 7:00 a.m. so at 6:50 everybody walks across the street and gets in line to go into the embassy. Probably 200 people long. Wait, wait, wait some more. Finally at 7:05 when they open the doors they have two security guards patting everybody down. Vietnamese subcontractors as guards outside the embassy. So you get inside and stand in line again for another 45 minutes. Then everything in your pockets has to go through the scanner and you go through security again basically. Then when you get inside you're in another line for the head clerk to check your paperwork and give you a number for the day. Our number was 2048. Sit down and wait an hour. Number is called. Go to the window. Check your paperwork. Paperwork okay. Go sit down again. Wait another hour. Your number is called again. Go to the window answer a few questions properly. Voila you now have passed your embassy interview. Only asked me two questions. Only asked her two questions. The process of getting through the interview was quite simple. But the rest of it was complete bullshit. Anyhow, happy to have her visa approval for her and her daughter now. Will be scheduling to come back to America in early April. Went back to the hotel drank a few beers ate something went to sleep at 1:00 p.m. and we got up at 5:30 p.m. . Now getting ready to go out to dinner someplace. All in all a productive day excluding the bullshit standing in line and waiting most of the morning. Seems to me that if you have an important interview scheduled at the embassy you show up on time for your interview you go in and sit for your interview. Everything is completely backwards here in Vietnam. But you just have to roll with the punches
Sounds very similar to visiting the Mexican embassy. Wait wait wait and then wait some more . Killed 2 days getting my residency squared away..

-4° here with -29° wind chill. It has quit snowing. I better get out and get vehicles moved so the wife can get to work. Crack that whip! :rofl:
Work everything is shut down here local and state offices.

Work everything is shut down here local and state offices.
We will be tomorrow. We didn't get much snow but the wind is supposed to get to 50mph and blow it all around. I'm sure it's nasty in the country.

If you can't get a Visa there's always Mastercard. :lol: :rofl:

-
Back