Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Isn't it nice to NOT have to go out?
It is just very very cool! Got nowhere to be, liquor cabinet is full, a crock of ham and beans on, the scent of cornbread wafting across the room! Eating cheese and crackers sipping a toddie, dog at my feet. Pandora pumping out some whiskey meyers radio. Great shop day! Think I will sort out nut and bolt bin today!

Well folks, talk about getting cold !! The weather people missed it, this cold front was not supposed to get here till late Friday morning, emergency weather broke in to featured shows last night and said it will be here today by noon, its gotten crazy in this northeast Arkansas town ! Our normal temps are 38 degrees at night, its hitting 14 by noon !! Show moving in by 4pm, raining now, so we know what will happen next, icy roads and falling timber.
We are ready here :thumbsup:
Nine degrees here Cuz, and still dropping! Wind is straight line. Just a good day to be indoors!

Soooo here’s the break down on my Jeep so far

4 new springs
4 new shocks
5 new rims
5 new tires
New exhaust from manifolds back,
New head lights
New axle seals
Aftermarket aux axle seals
New rotors
New pads
New calipers
Fluid changes in axles, trans, engine radiator.
New lower and upper tierods with linkages
New pitman arm
New track bars
New Cam bolts,
New ball joints,
New hubs

I feel like I’m missing something

Its been around -30 F here the last little while. Today there is no wind so its a little better. I'm out in the garage welding in my new rockers, trunk extensions and wheel housings before the drinking starts :)
WTF? I have earned a living under a hood. Drinking and welding go hand in hand! If I held to that rule my Demon would have never got built! And never weld in flip flops. Always wear your protective equipment!
hehehehe

D3E59FCE-7884-4991-AE1F-6B32326E050D.jpeg

4 new springs
4 new shocks
5 new rims
5 new tires
New head lights
New axle seals
New rotors
New pads
New calipers
New pitman arm
New track bars
New Cam bolts,
New ball joints,
New hubs

Fire extinguisher of course! Lord knows your other one is MT!

Well Craig jinxed me! Temp has dropped almost thirty degrees since this morning. I made a run into town to get more pellets for Tragaer and barely made it home. We have a very steep hill with a 180 switchback at the bottom. Looks like we are iced in for a couple of days! Woo Hoo! Gonna start the day with a toddie!

Nine degrees here Cuz, and still dropping! Wind is straight line. Just a good day to be indoors!
Wow, thats cold, no winds here yet, but soon will be , you all stay sharp up there, its going to be a crazy night

4 new springs
4 new shocks
5 new rims
5 new tires
New head lights
New axle seals
New rotors
New pads
New calipers
New pitman arm
New track bars
New Cam bolts,
New ball joints,
New hubs

You are, Jack up the radiator cap and drive a new vehicle underneath.

Me not going anywhere -6 with a -31 chill. We've been doing odds and ends around the house getting ready for the daughter, SNL, and two grandkids coming in tomorrow from Florida.
This is the family who spent seven years overseas the last four in Japan. SNL is pretty excited going to see his daughter nine years old, for the first time in four years. She is going to spend a few days here at the house also. While they were in Japan and with covid Japan wouldn't allow US service members or family to come back in country if they left. Service members could come back if they were on a military order. So been awhile since he had a hug.
So strange but true his oldest daughter, his youngest daughter (age 6) and my granddaughter were all born on May 13th. My SNL has a sister with a daughter born on...yep May 13th.
So, I've done most everything on my to do list and fixing to join John @Sublime one and Mike @toolmanmike with a toddie in hand. Stay warm!!

Got her set up downstairs wrapping presents and listening to Christman music all is good.
I had to take a couple 2x4's and raise each end of the table five inches so she didn't have to hunch over.

Pro Tip
Any of you guys that are curious on the dividers I simply took some 16ga aluminum and then bent a small ninety degree bend on the bottom then just put a dab of silicone on it and they stay forever. Plus you can remove and rearrange as desired. A bit red neck but it sure works.

-
Back