Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Chris ever see those like 3' car lifts?

Ones like this?

$2k

1675782574199.png

These things last forever, friend has one, he even has a full size car lift. He has had it 20 plus years.
Problem is,you cant get a transmission out with it in the way. Great for bodywork, brake and wheel work and front end stuff. Butraise car set cribs under wheels then move hoist out of the way.

Kind of bummed. I wanted to go down to the face

Morning all, sorry about the transmission Willy. Temps are dropping starting tonight again. Need to get the truck unloaded and get to the grocery store. Coffee first.

Temps are dropping starting tonight again.
Freezing tonight, but then 47low tomorrow. Looks like our lows going forward will be down to mid 20s. At least that's the worst in the 2 week forecast. I just restacked the basement woodpile - hopefully for the last time. We are totally overdue for a real snow. Haven't even used the blower this winter. Total of maybe half hour 'scraping off' with a shovel. Still plenty of time for one of our crazy Spring Nor'easters...

Problem is,you cant get a transmission out with it in the way. Great for bodywork, brake and wheel work and front end stuff. Butraise car set cribs under wheels then move hoist out of the way.
I understand, but we use one to pull transmission out of a 64 GMC , drove front tires on a good set of ramps, lifted the rear, it was a must do job my guitar picker friend had to do :thumbsup:

Getting some little bits tidied up on the Firebird. Spot filling stuff i missed,grinding a few welds i forgot about. Wish i was done with this. Someone with finishing skill needs to take over.

Moved my kick down bracket, had to make this one.

Laying down in a warm shop on some carpet looking up has been a pleasure............(NOT!!!)....

20230207_130526.jpg

20230207_130446.jpg

The unsuspecting think it is same as OSHA but it’s not!
My side of the rock farm was OSHA, the other side MSHA. Whenever the MSHA inspectors would show up it was common to see them rock farmers bringing questionable mining equipment and things over to my shed to stash until MSHA was gone :lol: .

-
Back