Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
To work I go, finishing up the day at a refinery, have to renew my pass and they won't do it till 3:30, it's almost in Canada eh? Have a Great Day All!

Well day two trying to buy a new chain saw. On brighter side watching my two K9s work a rabbit this morning was very cool. As far as I know the first time they have tag teamed prey together. If you bet on the cotton tail you would have lost your money. They did not run side by side but split up like coyotes and the rabbit never had a chance. Game set match to the Mal pup. She is dining on the rabbit as we speak and quite proud of herself.
Then I'd like to post them near my garden, plenty of fun for them there. Having the same chainsaw issues, bought a whole used one to fix mine last time, 20 yo McCulloch Timber Bear.

Well day two trying to buy a new chain saw. On brighter side watching my two K9s work a rabbit this morning was very cool. As far as I know the first time they have tag teamed prey together. If you bet on the cotton tail you would have lost your money. They did not run side by side but split up like coyotes and the rabbit never had a chance. Game set match to the Mal pup. She is dining on the rabbit as we speak and quite proud of herself.

Good luck with the chainsaw search. Reading reviews makes it worse. Husky looks like Rancher models were better... not sure about the new engines... eco- something

I have a local Stihl dealer. I am going to try and buy one from him today. A Stihl 250 I think? I don’t cut wood for money anymore just farm type stuff. No need for professional grade. Plus I just ain’t got the money!
That's a good homeowner saw, not sure if it's the Farmboss but I think that's a good size.

I have a local Stihl dealer. I am going to try and buy one from him today. A Stihl 250 I think? I don’t cut wood for money anymore just farm type stuff. No need for professional grade. Plus I just ain’t got the money!
I got a 16" Echo from home depot a few years ago.. i believe it was well under $200 and never let me down.. really surprised at how good it is.. While Sthil is the best.. they charge for owning one :)

They go on sale quite a bit around here. Needed a new weedwacker, local hardware store is a Sthill dealer, worked out a deal 235 for a 185? cc and it has the shaft for attachments threw in a pole saw attachment. I use the crap out of it.

It's Thunderbolt Thursday!

ebay301748.jpg

Good morning :D

They go on sale quite a bit around here. Needed a new weedwacker, local hardware store is a Sthill dealer, worked out a deal 235 for a 185? cc and it has the shaft for attachments threw in a pole saw attachment. I use the crap out of it.

The NAPA store up the road is also a Stihl dealer

I got a 16" Echo from home depot a few years ago.. i believe it was well under $200 and never let me down.. really surprised at how good it is.. While Sthil is the best.. they charge for owning one :)
Echo is good stuff also. They run a long time.

Chris They threw in a 20% military discount dont know if that was through Still though. Prob just me they adopted Harley in there also. She has a blast in there running around! Seriously!

Stihl makes good saws. But consumer vs professional saw is the difference. Last year i bought a cordless Husqvarna. Very handy and battery lasts longer than me.

Its disappointing that burger flippers are now selling chainsaws.

Chris They threw in a 20% military discount dont know if that was through Still though. Prob just me they adopted Harley in there also. She has a blast in there running around! Seriously!

Yeah... they're independent dealers so that's probably hit or miss. I need to pick up a 16" saw for around the house. Not many trees but when you need one you need one

Well off to the dermatologist. Nothing like getting groped by a great looking PA early in the morning. :thumbsup:

So watched a video last week. Guy with a stihl, clutch burned out the bearing. Rather than adjust idle, he would engage safety brake and set it down while idling. And wants it fixed under warranty. So many comments about how shitty stihl is, so few about stupid operator..

Biggest thing with a chain saw is having a shap blade. If they are not sharpened right they suck. I am lucky I have a real machine for sharpening them. Think I did some for Keefer once. Foley belsaw 1055. That sucker sharpens everything from clipper blades to saw blades. Picked it up years ago.

1055-jpg.jpg

Hey Willy....I think I can buy that 273 now. The Barracuda was sold and the guy did not want it.,,,,,,

Honestly, haven't even pulled the valve covers on the one I have sitting in the garage so not sure I want to add to the clutter at this point. Unless it's something amazing ....

I had something on my upper back that was big like a bulge. Wife wanted me to get it checked out, no sweat. My PA at the VA looked at it said it was just a pimple. Want it lanced. Sure why not I am here. Gets a nurse that loved doing this stuff seriously. So they lance it zit juice goes literally across the room and hits the wall. She says wow. I have never seen that before. Told her she should have been around when I was a teenager was the last time, I did that. Wow that was funny for us all.

-
Back