Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
so I am contemplating my exhaust system... scratching my head wondering if there would be any real difference if I put the mufflers in front of or behind the resonators?

What HP were you getting out of the slant Mike?
Heck, I have no idea..... I do know I picked up a full two seconds in the 1/8 mile when I did all my modes and drove it daily for 5 years with the split manifold and 390 holley carb, and the tricked advanced dizzy

Super Comp Fender well, Looking at prepping Victoria (66 Valiant Sedan) this week
I am full on confused... you're doing a 6 to 8 swap on her? and cutting out the fender wells!? I thought you were doing upgrades but trying to keep her mostly stock in overall appearance...

I am full on confused... you're doing a 6 to 8 swap on her? and cutting out the fender wells!? I thought you were doing upgrades but trying to keep her mostly stock in overall appearance...
Stock look (keep two tone collor) All the front end is dun, front sway bar, LBP 73 up disk brakes and pulled the 7 1/4 for a new 8 1/4.. it will look stock.

Stock look (keep two tone collor) All the front end is dun, front sway bar, LBP 73 up disk brakes and pulled the 7 1/4 for a new 8 1/4.. it will look stock.
going big block?

These are the same headers and very same car.

1535013_1008768765805136_1563774798459049784_n.jpg

what about the engine though? I always think big block when I hear fender well headers... are you puttin' a 383 in there or something?

I just spent a few bucks on all new drums and hardware Hops , and it will be stopping a 36?

This was a must do for me, these headers do not hang low under the car and if I want the engine or trans pulled they will come out with our mucking with exhoust.

I see its a busy day in the coffee shop. Bunch of slant dumpin engine swappers :poke:. Did a visit to the local yard yesterday looking for a NICE drivers side door glass, but no luck. At this point I have a collection of crappy ones. might just pick the best one and swap it later. if my window fuzzies show up, I want to gut my doors and spray rust reformer inside this weekend. Also looking for a better rear view mirror (inside). Already have two, but neither glass is very nice. I did grab an extra valve cover that was already off. I've seen mention on here of guys cutting top out to use for tune ups...

Do it Mitch lent me his it is a nice tool to have. For the slant it would be great just bend the edge down for the feeler gauge so you do not rip your hand open.

I see its a busy day in the coffee shop. Bunch of slant dumpin engine swappers :poke:. Did a visit to the local yard yesterday looking for a NICE drivers side door glass, but no luck. At this point I have a collection of crappy ones. might just pick the best one and swap it later. if my window fuzzies show up, I want to gut my doors and spray rust reformer inside this weekend. Also looking for a better rear view mirror (inside). Already have two, but neither glass is very nice. I did grab an extra valve cover that was already off. I've seen mention on here of guys cutting top out to use for tune ups...
humm... I hesitate to offer this because shipping is likely to a royal PITA but it is possible that I have a decent one.. do you know compatibility? I am very sure anything I have is 72 back...

humm... I hesitate to offer this because shipping is likely to a royal PITA but it is possible that I have a decent one.. do you know compatibility? I am very sure anything I have is 72 back...
thanks, guys, but I did get one. A bit rusty, but solid. I wouldn't want to chop up a really nice one anyway.. I did not check fit yet, but I believe all are interchangeable for my purpose.

so...i got a dilemma.....to buy an eclipse that is a good deal or not to buy an eclipse, one will make wifey upset......

Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on July 3, 2016 so don't wait!

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

www.RockAuto.com

how good is the deal?
so...i got a dilemma.....to buy an eclipse that is a good deal or not to buy an eclipse, one will make wifey upset......
I will check - drivers side?
thanks, guys, but I did get one. A bit rusty, but solid. I wouldn't want to chop up a really nice one anyway.. I did not check fit yet, but I believe all are interchangeable for my purpose.

-
Back