Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am so sore this morning I can’t hardly move. I moved and stacked rocks all day yesterday on my bridge access point. Turned out pretty good. Picture with cone is before, then the after pix. The picture of the rocks strung out along creek bed are what I have been gathering all winter And used for the project.

IMG_9632.jpeg

IMG_9953.jpeg

IMG_9958.jpeg

Drums back then was really the only option for racing. I can see the 2.5 on all four for better stopping power.

You should leave some things to the experts :thumbsup:
That's why they are watching youtube. All the experts are there and no reading involved!
It's The day after yesterday
, and the one before tomorrow.
Pitching and catching.
Good morning!
Dam asking 100 more than I do.
Asking is not the same as selling
Wipe or wash off the dust and get Friction manufacture's number off the metal frame.

How's the commute?
Teleworking today. First day of daddy daycare while working too. Well first new day. Had to do it in 2020 with covid a bunch and a few times here or there with sick ones. But today is the first of the rest. After the daycare dropped us earlier this week, we’ve decided we’re done paying 1000 a month for other people to watch our kids. They’re old enough to behave and let us work.

Drums back then was really the only option for racing. I can see the 2.5 on all four for better stopping power.
People these days under rate drums cause they put cheap linings on and don't adjust them properly.
Drums have less drag - for 1/4 mile racing they are usually more than sufficient. The big problem with drums is when they can't be cooled off. For most cars thats not an issue on the on the drag strip. Its one stop then something like 10 to 15 minutes before the next stop.

Drum brakes have more surface area and better stopping power than discs. Discs save weight, maintenance and shed heat better so fade when used hard often isn't an issue as much.

Heavy equipment and semi trucks all used drums until recently due to more stopping power and no fade to really deal with. Now, it is cheaper to buy and maintain the discs so more went that way.

Wipe or wash off the dust and get Friction manufacture's number off the metal frame.
Example:
upload_2020-4-14_13-42-15-png.png

1968 only, nominal 10 x 1 3/4 but more useful is the 288. That number an industry standard.

Even these old replacements have different material on the primary than the secondary because thye doe slightly different jobs
1680399868434-png.png

1683201525179.png

Some models got grooved lining
Good luck finding these characteristics on typical parts store replacements today. :(

Last edited:
Look at the metal brackets that hold the shoe linings. There will be numbers stamped on them. Possibly on the back side. If replacing them, take a bunch of pictures and remove them. Then clean them up

Heavy equipment and semi trucks all used drums until recently due to more stopping power and no fade to really deal with. Now, it is cheaper to buy and maintain the discs so more went that way.
But but but my superduper hot rod is More Powerful than a Mack Truck!
laugh2-gif.gif

@Maxcustody look up at the previous post.
I don't know when the FMS numbers began getting stamped but they go back at least a couple decades

But but but my superduper hot rod is More Powerful than a Mack Truck!
View attachment 1716085810
agreed and lighter and doesn't likely get road raced either. Probably just sits in an air conditioned garage and taken to a show now and again. Honestly, unless driving in heavy city traffic regularly, discs have no need. Just easier to change pads. I have warped rotors before, but never a drum. strange.

-
Back