Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I read the other day Facebook market place sends you a 1099 for taxes on sales???
Yup any thing over 600 now same with paypal etc. Federal law. One of the reasons I started getting advertising stuff for the write offs. I wonder on a car like that do you have to pay capital gains tax on it?

Yup any thing ove 600 now same with paypal etc. Federal law. I wonder on a car like that do you have to pay capital gains tax on it?
Yeah that’s 600 total too over the course of a year, not just a single transaction.

Be like any other car why would you??
Just wondering. I have no idea. I know I will never have to worry about it. I know the bank now also flags transactions over 600 in cash. Not really sure why. PIA after Carlise takes a bit to put the money in.

Just wondering. I have no idea.
Technically if one buys a car for say 1000 and then sells it for 1500, you’re supposed to report the 500 gain on your income taxes as capital gains. But the rule is funky and there’s lots of conditions in that.

It’s the state ones like New York and such where it’s easier for them to track due to registration and sales records

It's Mercury Monday!

9a23f5bb757be46e7487994ccdbbb978.jpg

Good morning :D

Yeah that's BS! Taxes and death :elmer:
yep. But there’s ways to significantly reduce taxes and it’s all legal. Us simple folks forget or don’t know but our entire tax system is written by lawyers working for businessmen. The legal ways to reduce your tax debt to almost zero for businesses is astounding. It’s why I laugh every time someone says increase tax rate on the rich. Sure go ahead, increase the tax rate on them. Increase it to 100 percent if you want. The tax rate can be anything, but due to all the legal loop holes that would tax congress decades to close if they even wanted too, the rich won’t pay a single penny more. And it’s because they’re smart and hire smart people. Not because they’re rich.

Funniest part, you and I can do the same thing and take advantage of the same loop holes.

Morning!
18° and a high of 31°. With all this rain its going to be ugly outside. All week. I need to cut grass, dangit!
Guess i will work on replacing tractor seat. Raising it and moving it back also.
Maybe 4 hours sleep again.

My Tax guy is good. Man I have write-offs. Amazing what they are.
I’m still getting our business going but yeah it’s gonna be good . I plan on using two different people to do our taxes as sort of a check system . At least for the first few years

BTW.... for anyone that watches them.. sick summer starts in 100 minutes... will be lives streams of each day. I LOVE the drag and drive events, nice to see who can actually survive..

Me too. Don't tell anybody, but I like the early Chevy II/Novas too :lol:. That entire compact car class of that time frame.

Yeah, i like novas up til 72... i wish i still had my 70 :( i actually like 69-72 more than the box ones though

-
Back