Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Between Facial recognition, and all the other technology. You have to be a politician to get away with a crime now!

Can’t help but say this…. GTFO of the cities while you still can
Everyone should stay in the cities and make 'em work.
When I move to the country I don't want to be surrounded by suburban sprawl.

It's depressing seeing how much land that I remember as forrest, fields and farms is now big boxes and lawns. Most with no-one in sight. They're all inside.
What's the point? Might as well be in the city.
Granted I'm in a suburbanish area (still row houses and twins) and if I wasn't into cars and woodshop, I might stay.

I was listenin' the the LA News AM station on the way to the south the other day. One of the cities in the SF Bay Area has allowed WayMo the AI cab people in to test in their city. For the time being the cars ar MT, not even a monitor type person.

It's depressing seeing how much land that I remember as forrest, fields and farms is now big boxes and lawns. Most with no-one in sight. They're all inside.
Granted I'm in a suburbanish area (still row houses and twins) and if I wasn't into cars and woodshop, I might stay.
I remember growing up at the summer house near Sag Harbor ny. We used to follow the potato trucks and grab the ones that fell off. Now all of it I mean all of it is million dollar mini Ranches.

I didn't know Google Maps had that technology available.
It's pretty good. That plus the local traffic report is helpful before heading out the door.
It (google traffic) is one thing I miss not having a smart? phone anymore. However google maps on th esmart?phone also could be really frustratiing. All I would want to do is see the map and it would be asking questions, testing out new 3D views and other cr*p I had no patience for when I'm trying to see a map. :mad:

I remember growing up at the summer house near Sag Harbor ny. We used to follow the potato trucks and grab the ones that fell off. Now all of it I mean all of it is million dollar mini Ranches.
Sad but true.
I had a bit of culture and price shock last week when I was back in the Bernardsville area.

Got a point there. But to be fair, I wasn’t saying for EVERYONE, I was referring to the awesome people in this thread

I just listen part time to KNX Radio in LA, More than once their "every 15 minute traffic report" has neglected to mention an area I pick to avoid the ones they do mention and led me to an interstate parking lot :lol:

I just listen part time to KNX Radio in LA, More than once their "every 15 minute traffic report" has neglected to mention an area I pick to avoid the ones they do mention and led me to an interstate parking lot :lol:
Ugh. Can't like that!
Some traffic people are better than others.
Also some don't even bother to mention the usual congestion locations except when nothing else is going on.

It's pretty good. That plus the local traffic report is helpful before heading out the door.
It (google traffic) is one thing I miss not having a smart? phone anymore. However google maps on th esmart?phone also could be really frustratiing. All I would want to do is see the map and it would be asking questions, testing out new 3D views and other cr*p I had no patience for when I'm trying to see a map. :mad:

If you want real-time, crowd sourced traffic avoidance with the ability to text amongst other users, check out Waze. It's very clunky for long drives but it's freaking genius for commuting. It'll have you going down alleys and through back yards to save time.

If you want real-time, crowd sourced traffic avoidance with the ability to text amongst other users, check out Waze. It's very clunky for long drives but it's freaking genius for commuting. It'll have you going down alleys and through back yards to save time.
Thanks but I can't. No smart phone!
I have a laptop and hotspot but doubt I can use it for Waze

M1 checking in. I thought I would check back in. All is well here just busy with Mopar Maxx winding down. I will take rented tables and chairs back this morning and sift through all the money and post the checks to the general ledger then a hour round trip drive to the bank for a deposit. All that might not get done today. The event was a mild success but not without issues but that's another story. Take care everyone. M1 out for now.
So, that's where you been hiding...
I'm walking around, not sore, no headache, after busting up the nighbors' front yard with a mattoacks and playing 2 hours of volleyball in the dust. That's a good morning. :)
Had the mattock swinging here yesterday. Started working my way under my massive tree stump. Fastest way to get through the trumpet vine and ivy roots all around it.
Morning

Hemis, barrels and koi.... Oh my...

Meanwhile in Philly

View attachment 1716101458
That map ain't gonna look any better for a long time
My car already had 'Mazdanav' loaded when I got it. $500 option. Near useless because it is stagnant. Can be updated for current maps, but no real time input for traffic. I occasionally use it if I just want to see the local roads around me.

Happy Monda

Last edited:
Its crazy, all of it. Has to be colse to 500 acres of just swap meet. Took Tim there by chance one year. First time for me. Crazy big. Not a ton of Mopar but the prices are right on it when you find it. The AACA museum sponsors it. The cars are like pebble beach quality in a different area. Thats two more days.
Looked it up… Google says it's ‘only’ 296 acres. Yeh, that’s still really f’n big when you are walking it in rows. LOL

Morning!
Rough night/morning. Glad im seeing the doc today. Hoping for something to knock back the pain so i can sleep.

So, that's where you been hiding...

Had the mattock swinging here yesterday. Started working my way under my massive tree stump. Fastest way to get through the trumpet vine and ivy roots all around it.

That map ain't gonna look any better for a long time

My car already had 'Mazdanav' loaded when I got it. $500 option. Near useless because it is stagnant. Can be updated for current maps, but no real time input for traffic. I occasionally use it if I just want to see the local roads around me.

Happy Monda
The wife’s Durango is in real time but I don’t like it. I don’t like being tracked

Its crazy, all of it. Has to be colse to 500 acres of just swap meet. Took Tim there by chance one year. First time for me. Crazy big. Not a ton of Mopar but the prices are right on it when you find it. The AACA museum sponsors it. The cars are like pebble beach quality in a different area. Thats two more days.
Wow I need to go then

-
Back