Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A woman gave birth to a baby at the state fair… The bad news is she got a 4th place ribbon behind two pigs and a goat...

Did you hear about the optometrist who fell into a lens grinder and made a spectacle of himself?

My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned because I couldn't concentrate.

He’s back….
Karl's back?

hairy back.jpg

Morning kids

Ton of rain yesterday... the yard is out of control. I need to get out on the mower this evening after work.
I should get out there and get at mine...
They’re a precision custom bolt.

View attachment 1716112762
Some fully threaded and some not? Left one should be easy to find. Right one, not so much...
Chasing ones that are already bolted up is even more difficult.
Stretched !????
Don't chase the stretched ones either.

Good Morning

Took the flat tire off checked it over and found no obvious reason why it'd gone flat. I filled it waited a half hour and still holding air. I put it back on and still ok. I'll take it out for a test run through the neighborhood and then let it sit and make sure it's ok. Trimmed the rest of the flower beds and pulled the trash cans out to the curb. Wife wanted to know if I wanted to make the grocery store run with her...no have a good time.

Good question.

Looking up the general recomendations on class 12.9 I see 12 to 13 ft lbs as the range published at internet sites.
So 144 in lbs.

Lets try thinking about other possibilities.
Do you still have the broken head?
Lets see a couple close ups.

Maybe it damage before you tightened it down, like a fracture.

Or maybe there was interference and the head wasn't contacting its mating surface.
Classic situation is junk at the bottom of a blind hole or a screw that is too long.
Its why we chase all the female threads
before bolting an engine or transmission together
Advised torque 12 ft lbs lubricated 9 ft lbs. I still wouldnt go that high.

Took the flat tire off checked it over and found no obvious reason why it'd gone flat. I filled it waited a half hour and still holding air. I put it back on and still ok. I'll take it out for a test run through the neighborhood and then let it sit and make sure it's ok. Trimmed the rest of the flower beds and pulled the trash cans out to the curb. Wife wanted to know if I wanted to make the grocery store run with her...no have a good time.
Grocery store run. Something I need to do today. :mob: :mob:

-
Back