Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning everyone. Not too much to report here. Have to see what is going on with the 9" in my boys hot rod. I know the seals started leaking now that we can drive it, but it seemed to also be binding up. Maybe an axle bearing - or brake pads swelled from the oil? Hopefully we can find out tonight. Going to switch it to a sealed roller bearing like the green bearings.

Getting old is fun... made the mistake of sleeping and my back went out.. The pain is pretty amazing and random :) Ordered a couple of new hot sauces to try out though.. so that's something :)

Good Morning everyone. Not too much to report here. Have to see what is going on with the 9" in my boys hot rod. I know the seals started leaking now that we can drive it, but it seemed to also be binding up. Maybe an axle bearing - or brake pads swelled from the oil? Hopefully we can find out tonight. Going to switch it to a sealed roller bearing like the green bearings.
Rear shoes? If its getting oil on shoes, causing brakes to lock, thats common. Also causes adjuster to over-adjust. Have seen it in the past.
A few good soakings with brake cleaner, dried off then propane torch to cook oil off the linings. Does get most of oil off.

haha those look legit.... the 6 1/2 is a rare size :)
That's probably the outside to outside width. They are probably five and a half inch from bead to bead inside the wheel. I believe those were the widest 14s they made. I had a set of four I tried to sell in Carlisle. They must have thought they were too pricey?

No bookface here...
1689681091712.png

Morning!
Not a bad morning, maybe rain later in the day. A few more days and it will get hot again.
Ford escape, rear shocks and maybe a sway bar link. Easy stuff. I hope.

Oh, and finish the IHC/Blazer. Swap in new ign module and see if i can time it. Think i will pull distributor again and get it pointing at #1 when i drop it in.

-
Back