Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A couple fellow youtubers showed up, and they knew my Buddy with the 50 chevy. Buddy used to be an Eastwood rep. They used to deal with him. Small world.

1693746470895.png
Thinking of Hornets my son sent me this picture. Anybodyhave an idea what kind it is?

@halifaxhops .
Did you see the new proposal to discontinue PA. Safety Inspections?
Just emissions. Safety only when you transfer a title.
This Morons reasoning is all the dangerous cars where taken off the road during the Cash for Clunkers Program.
Awsome, I'll tell my neighbor he can take the kids to the amusement park this morning even with bullet holes in the windshield.
Yea., Another nights sleep ruinged thanks to the "nightclub" around the corner.
At least no one was hit.

Saw this on my way to the shop to get the ladder this morning

View attachment 1716136677
Baby milk snake?

View attachment 1716136682Thinking of Hornets my son sent me this picture. Anybodyhave an idea what kind it is?
Dead.

Seriosuly, the some decent look ups and keys on the 'net.
Some require more knowledge than others. Location helps to narrow down

Here's one I've used for Bees

Last edited:
Good Morning All! Lucky enough to be processing Humpies this morning, now in the brine! Sounds like a smoking day!

Lived in a bunch of places mostly around Federal Way.
Grand father had a commercial fishing boat in Westport and spent many summers there fishing.
Nice, love Westport, have taken a couple of Halibut trips out of there, small boat tho as don't know if I'd like the 30 fisher variety.

My son came over from Everett for fishing, stayed Friday night and we went downtown to see some of the music festival. This is John Primer, I'd never heard of him but he's a two time Grammy nominee and was the front man for Muddy Waters, played with Buddy Guy, Rolling Stones and a lot more. Chicago Blues, he was great and his harmonica player was crazy good.

JohnPrimer.jpg

Here's some of the fish prep and a couple fishing pics, going to give most of it to my son, his girlfriend has never had smoked salmon (from Equador). Somehow this was my son Tylers first Humpy, the last pic shown is a wild or native Silver salmon and had to be thrown back in, can't keep them until September 17th. Bring your rulebook and maybe your lawyer to fish here lol!

Brine.jpeg

HumpyBrine.jpeg

HumpyFillets.jpeg

image000000.jpg

TylersFirstHumpy.jpeg

NativeSilver.jpeg

Nice, love Westport, have taken a couple of Halibut trips out of there, small boat tho as don't know if I'd like the 30 fisher variety.
My dad had a restaurant by the Islander motel ware they would launch small boats with a lift.
Haven't been there in decades.
My inlaws lived in Ocean Shores and really liked it there as well.

So, took the Demon out. Phone app said 107mph in quarter. Didn't think until after to attempt to time it. Can't flat foot WOT. Need 3/4 then to WOT. Will take some playing around. Also, can only foot brake to 1800 max before creep. So, low stall and tall gears ain't helping

So, took the Demon out. Phone app said 107mph in quarter. Didn't think until after to attempt to time it. Can't flat foot WOT. Need 3/4 then to WOT. Will take some playing around. Also, can only foot brake to 1800 max before creep. So, low stall and tall gears ain't helping
Sounds like a fun ride anyway.
I need to find out what the Scamp will do in the 1/4 just for ***** and giggles.

My son came over from Everett for fishing, stayed Friday night and we went downtown to see some of the music festival. This is John Primer, I'd never heard of him but he's a two time Grammy nominee and was the front man for Muddy Waters, played with Buddy Guy, Rolling Stones and a lot more. Chicago Blues, he was great and his harmonica player was crazy good.

View attachment 1716136700
Gets played pretty regularly on Jonny Miester's The Blues Show
I don't know if thats syndicated. Saturdays 7PM-midnight in Philly/
Might have also hear him on American Routes, out of Louisiana which is syndicated through PRI.
Both shows are worth checking out.

First time I really became aware of Chris Smithers was hearing him live at Apple farm Folk festival.
So glad I did, and glad the 'Folk' was interpreted broadly enough to include blues and roots.

I got a brine recipe for smokin' Salmon from an ironworker long ago. Got's brown sugar in it and he used apple wood for the smoke. Man o' man it was good. Gotta find it.

-
Back