Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gets played pretty regularly on Jonny Miester's The Blues Show
I don't know if thats syndicated. Saturdays 7PM-midnight in Philly/
Might have also hear him on American Routes, out of Louisiana which is syndicated through PRI.
Both shows are worth checking out.

First time I really became aware of Chris Smithers was hearing him live at Apple farm Folk festival.
So glad I did, and glad the 'Folk' was interpreted broadly enough to include blues and roots.
This year they didn't have the Mt. Baker Blues Festival, a 3 day event in Demming, been going for years, hope it comes back. Seen quite a few artists there, Elvin Bishop, Country Joe and the Fish and a lot more but my favorite bands have been the one's I've never heard of, great talent shows up there, camping etc.

I got a brine recipe for smokin' Salmon from an ironworker long ago. Got's brown sugar in it and he used apple wood for the smoke. Man o' man it was good. Gotta find it.
I like the apple, that's what my last pan of smoke will be. Starting with alder, also put brown sugar in this for 1/3 of the total sugar, I have to be careful of balance because I also like to add honey and orange juice.

I just thought of something yesterday. That little rain we had might have been the rain we always used to get during deer huntin' season. Been a long while since wee had any rain in Aug or Sept.

Here's some of the fish prep and a couple fishing pics, going to give most of it to my son, his girlfriend has never had smoked salmon (from Equador). Somehow this was my son Tylers first Humpy, the last pic shown is a wild or native Silver salmon and had to be thrown back in, can't keep them until September 17th. Bring your rulebook and maybe your lawyer to fish here lol!

View attachment 1716136701

View attachment 1716136702

View attachment 1716136703

View attachment 1716136704

View attachment 1716136705

View attachment 1716136706
Man those look good. Fresh salmon is one of the things we miss most about not living on the coast. Salmon here is all farm raised pink colored. Copper River Salmon for the win!

I bought this record from the merch tent at the show, didn't know but the seller was John Primers wife and she told me he'd sign it after the show, he did and we had a short chat, I thanked him from coming all the way from Chicago to Whidbey Island, he said "man that traffic was terrible and you're welcome" lol!

AutographedJohnPrimerRecord.jpeg

I bought this record from the merch tent at the show, didn't know but the seller was John Primers wife and she told me he'd sign it after the show, he did and we had a short chat, I thanked him from coming all the way from Chicago to Whidbey Island, he said "man that traffic was terrible and you're welcome" lol!

View attachment 1716136714
Ok that’s super cool.

I just thought of something yesterday. That little rain we had might have been the rain we always used to get during deer huntin' season. Been a long while since wee had any rain in Aug or Sept.
Dry summer here, wondering if storm season is going to be bad or not.

Hurricane Whatsername dumped some good rain upstream from us. Probly what soaked El Mirage and canceled next weekend's fun. The Corp of Engineers has been planning maintenance on the nearby dam and has been letting water out of the reservoir for months, last winter slowed that process, reservoir was as full as I've seen it in 20 years. That hurricane got the main feed into the reservoir flowing big time again :lol: I think perhaps their schedule may have been altered somewhat :lol:

Hurricane Whatsername dumped some good rain upstream from us. Probly what soaked El Mirage and canceled next weekend's fun. The Corp of Engineers has been planning maintenance on the nearby dam and has been letting water out of the reservoir for months, last winter slowed that process, reservoir was as full as I've seen it in 20 years. That hurricane got the main feed into the reservoir flowing big time again :lol: I think perhaps their schedule may have been altered somewhat :lol:
There's good and bad in all that rain down there, glad there's lakes filling up. The one I usually see and notice is Shasta, just cause it's I-5.

There's good and bad in all that rain down there, glad there's lakes filling up. The one I usually see and notice is Shasta, just cause it's I-5.
When I moved up here from the desert 40sum year ago, one of my mixer drivers, an area native told me "Don't buy any property north of whatever street." After a few winters here I understood his advice. Levee on the river or not, that side of town was lower than the river bed :lol:

Awsome, I'll tell my neighbor he can take the kids to the amusement park this morning even with bullet holes in the windshield.
Yea., Another nights sleep ruinged thanks to the "nightclub" around the corner.
At least no one was hit.

Baby milk snake?
@Mattax
i didnt catch his name but he is from Scranton. baby faced guy. Im guessing maybe early 30ish. clueless.
he said the money saved on consumers for inspections can be moved to an increase in vehical regestriations.
then that money can be used for highway, road improvements. ok theres more , but i dont want this to go N And P.

Last edited:
Morning all. nice morning out here but mid 90s later in the day. need to work on the DeSoto, dang thing stranded me. Think it's the battery cables battery is under the car, and they get pretty beat up.

This year they didn't have the Mt. Baker Blues Festival, a 3 day event in Demming, been going for years, hope it comes back. Seen quite a few artists there, Elvin Bishop, Country Joe and the Fish and a lot more but my favorite bands have been the one's I've never heard of, great talent shows up there, camping etc.
Its amazing how much great talent there is with all the repeated junk on the radio

Spent yesterday getting everything off pavers so I can resand and reseal. Been a while

20230903_084810.jpg

20230903_084821.jpg

BTW... friend wants to go camping next weekend so i picked a place 5 hours away.. which happens to be 30 mins from a guy with a '65 one year only trans i need to have a slip yoke and get rid of the flange:) so.. make it worth the trip
Thats some wise thinkin' ahead right there. Wishin' I had came up with a reason to drive down to Darlington today. Anyway...
GOOOOOD mornin' C\_/ . Found part of the fuel delivery issue in the red car. Small fuel line below filter had deteriorated due to a small and short-term leak that developed back when I moved the filter down below the alternator.
We were semi partying under the same shed beside the car. Needless to say I spilled enough stale fuel to be a little unpleasant. Electric fan blowing out and away helped. In the end the battery was too dead to turn her over more than a round or 3.
Junior came in around 10:pM and offered me one of those modern jump boxes. I declined. "I'm just too old school son. I can walk right by that thing in search of my jumper cables. So... wifey is in route to Wally world right now for a new set of elcheapo cables, and she'll get 3 gal. of real gas on her way home.
On second thought, I should accept that jump box to place it in her car.
Worth repeating... please stay safe out there. I think it's going to be 5:eek:'clock and Margaritaville all around through late Monday.

Last edited:
Good Morning All! Lucky enough to be processing Humpies this morning, now in the brine! Sounds like a smoking day!
Lucky dog !!
Don't think it's a murder hornet, they're trying to get a handle on those out here.
Murder hornet watch here in northeast Arkansas, they are as big as your thumb.
My son came over from Everett for fishing, stayed Friday night and we went downtown to see some of the music festival. This is John Primer, I'd never heard of him but he's a two time Grammy nominee and was the front man for Muddy Waters, played with Buddy Guy, Rolling Stones and a lot more. Chicago Blues, he was great and his harmonica player was crazy good.

View attachment 1716136700
Seen him at the King Buiscket gathering in Helena Arkansas off the river back in 1999, he was on stage for a long time playing with most bands that day, congratulations, he is something else!! Skills and more skills.
Here's some of the fish prep and a couple fishing pics, going to give most of it to my son, his girlfriend has never had smoked salmon (from Equador). Somehow this was my son Tylers first Humpy, the last pic shown is a wild or native Silver salmon and had to be thrown back in, can't keep them until September 17th. Bring your rulebook and maybe your lawyer to fish here lol!

View attachment 1716136701

View attachment 1716136702

View attachment 1716136703

View attachment 1716136704

View attachment 1716136705

View attachment 1716136706
My mouth is watering!! Congratulations on a good day

I have ALWAYS wanted an AMX. About 10 years ago, a guy in our Mopar club had a 69 AMX. It was pretty nice, but it did need to be restored. It was a 390 Go Pack 4 speed car. He really liked my 69 Barracuda fastback. It was a fully restored 340 4 speed car with disk brakes and AC. He wanted to trade straight across. I told him I needed at least $8-10K plus the trade, and he balked.
All the AMC builds were a bit rare. I stopped and inquired about only one Javelin in all my days. Although it was just rotting away under some trees in front of a mobile home, the guy said, "Not for sale" and closed the door.

Well i just dont get it. i look in the mirror everyday.
clean up the Valiant this morning figure go for a ride later when the sun starts to go down.
So over comes another neighbor from down the road.
i see you working hard . this isnt the Brownies like Kathy makes, but i think you may need something to keep your "SUGAR UP."
stop down around 7 , I Will be grilling some steaks.
not a would you like to, more like an order. good apple Kobbler i have to admit that.

20230903_124127.jpg

Guy out here had a javelin for sale. School teacher. Not so smart. Was sitting in a lean-to shed, lowest part of his yard. Bottom foot of car was rotten all the way around. Garbage.

-
Back