Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning everyone, warming up a little here, mid 40s they say. Coffee is hitting the spot.

Anymore, I’ve been carrying a G42 in 380. I also pack the mag with 380 +P, so I get near the velocity of the 9mm . I switched from my daily carry weapon being my M&P 9mm to the G42 simply cause it fits in my pocket (in a holster designed for such) and I have a holster that looks like a cell phone case that it fits in as well. Figured for a defensive posture, it works.

Now when I go on vacation or to the big cities, or even a road trip, I roll heavy, both above pistols plus either my trusty Maverick 12 ga police model or my AR and a full combat load(depending on location and the local laws)

Few years ago, we got caught in Myrtle beach during the George Floyd rights. We left the morning after the first one and I’d grabbed my AR and such, now it’s become a habit for long term road trips for that very reason
I carry a Colt Mustang, inside the waistband or in a sneaky Pete, when we travel usually have my 1911 in a holster next to my seat.

I carry a Colt Mustang, when we travel usually have my 1911 in a holster next to my seat.
I used to carry my 1911, it was my first pistol. Not really sure why I stopped carrying it, just kind of did

Well, I pulled the trigger Saturday morning, my two sons jumped in and helped buy it, and yes! We love it, wife made 5 shots and said its going to stay in the house, its a true straight shooter right out of the box, Henry did a great job, after watching 31 videos I was sold.

From bed post to fence post @Sublime one
No plastic, beuityful furniture

View attachment 1716171374

View attachment 1716171375

View attachment 1716171376
Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Good looking peice, how many rounds does it hold?
It came with a 5 round and 10 round, I can put my Glock mags well in it and get a double stack 32 round, also except sig Smith and Wesson. This rifle will shoot 250 fps faster then any pistol, watched them shoot 240 grain shells 200 yards and blow threw a 2x4, got to remember this barrel has twist every 10 inches, might look cute, but with a hollow point no man or a white trail deer, Coyotes don't stand a chance, and yes, I will deer hunt with it regardless of what anyone thinks here, watch some video on it if there is any nay sayers.

Went to shop, figured out the snowdrift in the back of the cab,the midgate needs to be slammed harder than i thought. Cleaned interior, opened hood and did a once over. Oil good, coolant low. Pressure test and investigate, its the rad. Likely leaks when its cold. Explains hole in the snow where i parked the other day.
So now an unplanned expense and a day in shop i wasnt expecting. Doing some work on the plow truck until part arrives this afternoon.

It came with a 5 round and 10 round, I can put my Glock mags well in it and get a double stack 32 round, also except sig Smith and Wesson. This rifle will shoot 250 fps faster then any pistol, watched them shoot 240 grain shells 200 yards and blow threw a 2x4, got to remember this barrel has twist every 10 inches, might look cute, but with a hollow point no man or a white trail deer, Coyotes don't stand a chance, and yes, I will deer hunt with it regardless of what anyone thinks here, watch some video on it if there is any nay sayers.
Mike,
be sure and set up some targets at varying distances so you can figure out what your holdovers are on the rifle. Given your location I would likely only go out to 150 yards as I doubt you would ever see a longer shot than that on the hill. I would do a 25 then a fifty then a 75 then a hundred then a 125 and finally a 150. For those of you not from Arkansas we shoot our deer at mostly about fifty yards! And not often do they weigh more than 100 pounds. They survive on acorns! Oh and one leg is shorter than the other cause they are always on a hill! Nice rifle cousin! She will put some meat in the freezer for sure

Mike,
be sure and set up some targets at varying distances so you can figure out what your holdovers are on the rifle. Given your location I would likely only go out to 150 yards as I doubt you would ever see a longer shot than that on the hill. I would do a 25 then a fifty then a 75 then a hundred then a 125 and finally a 150. For those of you not from Arkansas we shoot our deer at mostly about fifty yards! And not often do they weigh more than 100 pounds. They survive on acorns! Oh and one leg is shorter than the other cause they are always on a hill! Nice rifle cousin! She will put some meat in the freezer for sure
They are nicknamed Eileen :rofl:

Home from work early had to take a box off a Toyota pickup and the owner drives a lot of gravel and what a pile of mud it is.
I'm covered in dirt so shower and time for a drink. :thumbsup:

If I recall right, it was with an old school black powdered single shot pistol. Something about those aren’t illegal for felons to own
You are right under the Gun Control Act a black powder weapon is not consider a firearm. A convicted felon can possess one but cannot use it for any illegal activity. Shooting someone in the head...illegal.

You are right under the Gun Control Act a black powder weapon is not consider a firearm. A convicted felon can possess one but cannot use it for any illegal activity. Shooting someone in the head...illegal.
Yeah, he went to jail. Just remember cause that was the first I’d ever heard of it , it’s been years ago

I built a .45 cap & ball derringer long ago. Took it on my camping trip during deer season to Colorado just to try it out. I swear you could almost see the bullet heading for the offending target tree :lol: I had my buddy fire it and I did hear the ball whiz by on the way to the tree after the big bang and cloud of smoke :rofl:

I built a .45 cap & ball derringer long ago. Took it on my camping trip during deer season to Colorado just to try it out. I swear you could almost see the bullet heading for the offending target tree :lol: I had my buddy fire it and I did hear the ball whiz by on the way to the tree after the big bang and cloud of smoke :rofl:
Big Bang, cloud of smoke? And here I thought we weren’t talking about religion!
For Hoppy, our resident heathen!

-
Back