Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Picked up a new 1/2 impact. This is the newest version DCF961B. This thing is a beast.

View attachment 1716171356
I have a lower level model, torque not adjustable as may be common for impacts, dunno. With that much more torque I'd be worried about twisting my nuts off, I'll leave you all with that, have a Great Day All!

Just don't keep hammering it

daffy_fapping.gif

Love te way to change the blades on the sawzall. Fast and easy. Almost never use corded or air tools anymore.

RIDGID/Age
About 100 years

View attachment 1716171359

The Ridge Tool Company is an American manufacturing company that makes and distributes tools under the Ridgid brand name. The company was founded in 1923 in North Ridgeville, Ohio. In 1943, it relocated to its current location in Elyria, Ohio, and in 1966, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson Electric.

Ridgid - Wikipedia

View attachment 1716171358
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Ridgid

View attachment 1716171360
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.
99 years
View attachment 1716171362
Milwaukee Tool
99 years
View attachment 1716171361
Techtronic Industries
38 years
They used to have the best calendars as well.

Quality reproductions can be a challenge. There is a lot of junk out there, mostly from India. Perdosoli is an Italian manufacturer... They are the best available, but generally inaccurate in detail. I had an 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle that I sold off because it was such a Frankenrifle. Bits from multiple models that never were together
I have a Persoli as well and it is beautiful, but I shoot it on the regular so no wall hanger!

Quality reproductions can be a challenge. There is a lot of junk out there, mostly from India. Perdosoli is an Italian manufacturer... They are the best available, but generally inaccurate in detail. I had an 1803 Harper's Ferry rifle that I sold off because it was such a Frankenrifle. Bits from multiple models that never were together
That sums it up well.
I think for something that is going to stay in the house an original is the way to go. At least for someone like me or you. For @ZMan67S if the interest is percussion era or early cartridge it might be a better option than a reproduction.

There is this whole other market for people who like the idea of a historic gun on the wall but don't know and honestly don't care to dig deep. They bought a story or an idea. Just went through this with 2 Gransfor Bruk axes. These are high dollar axes made today. But the one I own is excellent for using (about 25 years old). The two we just got have holes in the handles to hang on the wall. While they are sharp, there is something wrong with them because they transmit shock to the user. It doesn't matter to G-B because 98% of the buyers are not real users these days.

That sums it up well.
I think for something that is going to stay in the house an original is the way to go. At least for someone like me or you. For @ZMan67S if the interest is percussion era or early cartridge it might be a better option than a reproduction.

There is this whole other market for people who like the idea of a historic gun on the wall but don't know and honestly don't care to dig deep. They bought a story or an idea. Just went through this with 2 Gransfor Bruk axes. These are high dollar axes made today. But the one I own is excellent for using (about 25 years old). The two we just got have holes in the handles to hang on the wall. While they are sharp, there is something wrong with them because they transmit shock to the user. It doesn't matter to G-B because 98% of the buyers are not real users these days.
Well said

It's late .

Best headphone music...

Moving in Stereo - The Cars
Around the Plynth - Faces
Smoke a little smoke - Eric Church
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
Tusk - Fleetwood Mac
Baba O'Reilly - The Who
Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd (Three whole DSotM album really)
Ants Marching - Dave Mathews Band
Low Rider - War
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Love Rollercoaster - Ohio Players
Soul Sloshing- Venus Hum

Not Best songs.. but those that consume you at high volume while wearing headphones

Give me some others
Zep -Whole Lotta Love
first real 30's here today.
Slippery deck. Melting now, but musta been a really heavy frost.
Picked up a new 1/2 impact. This is the newest version DCF961B. This thing is a beast.

View attachment 1716171356
Not a Dewalt fan in general, but we have similar about 3 years old at work. I had it on wrong direction once tightening a nut on a 5/8 carriage bolt(wanted to loosen). Popped the head right off. Oops. I'll still stick with my Milwaukees though. :)
I know I love my Rigid.
Don't tell @krazykuda

Good Morning

Last edited:
Sob, now someone attacked irans nuke plant… maybe I do want that medical retirement after all haha

Cyber Monday. I don't think I will buy anything today. I don't have any idea what anyone may want.

-
Back