Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning sleepwalkers...me I went down at 8:45 last night and made it to 4:30 almost eight hours woo hoo I'll take it. We broke a 113-year-old record yesterday with a high of 70. Mid 60's yet again today. We're taking off this morning for some golf in Kansas City and then back for a dinner out with friends. They have us going to one of those places that I didn't see anything on the menu that WOW'd me. I'll have to have a snack...they did have a large whiskey selection, so I'll get by.

He left the lift , said use it All I like, hope he is to busy to come get it today, I feel like getting out there this morning.

20240131_154145.jpg

20240131_145603.jpg

20240131_154132.jpg

Good morning indeed, glad to see everyone is having warm weather, its perfect weather to carry my coffee out to the shop were I left the heat pump set at 60, its crazy how little it runs to keep it up to 68 out there, like everyone said here, I am so happy its done, and it's going to serve us well here in the winter and summer

20240131_110045.jpg

20240127_192429.jpg

Yes, wife and I both, ceiling was completed Wensday at about 3pm, we put a few things back in the shop and was in bed sleeping my 7pm, slept ti 7 Thursday morning.
I am up feeling quit well this morning after another 8 and a half hours :thumbsup:
the place looks great. Good job to you both !

the place looks great. Good job to you both !
We have been eating breakfast out and PB&J sandwiches and chicken noodle soup for luch.
I am so proud of my wife , we worked hard together threw out this job, I bet she is ready to get out of the house and away from me for awhile :lol:

Good morning! Impacted wisdom tooth surgery at noon.. gonna suck.. but has to be done :( More pissed bout the $1500 than the pain...

Good Morning. Man it was a long day yesterday. Between the time spent in the ditch, the few miles of walking, the shoveling, a super stressful/high profile engine to babysit all day, then home to change out a brake caliper on my truck, then normal house stuff - I am exhausted. Marie's Birthday today, so she was getting late night calls and texts... Hopefully it is as short of a day as possible.

Good Morning. Man it was a long day yesterday. Between the time spent in the ditch, the few miles of walking, the shoveling, a super stressful/high profile engine to babysit all day, then home to change out a brake caliper on my truck, then normal house stuff - I am exhausted. Marie's Birthday today, so she was getting late night calls and texts... Hopefully it is as short of a day as possible.
Wow, I got tired reading your post, when you said home to change out a caliper, that put the nail in it for me.. hope your day today is a mild and happy one my friend..

Today is a brand new day................:thumbsup: Happy Birthday to Marie!

I am highly disappointed. My favorite little quaint Riverside Cafe has been torn down and they have replaced it with a walkway along the river for people. It was just a little Riverside Cafe without food, but it was a nice place to sit and watch the river go by and maybe read a book. Not as high end as most cafes here in Vinh Long. Here's some pics I've taken in the past. I was too upset to take a pic of the new walkway. :mob: :mob:
View attachment 1716200797

View attachment 1716200798

View attachment 1716200799
Well that sucks, know you liked that place. Hope you can find a new hangout along the river somewhere

Here's hoping!

HBD to the horse lady... :thumbsup:

A. Find someone who has done it before.

B1. Lacking other guidance, put it in a vise and heat the base of the ear to dull red.
Apply force with a pipe on the inside that fits fairly close. There may be some better way to apply inside pressure, I don't know.
View attachment 1716200718

B2. See if the shop guy at the other parts store thinks he can do it.

Currently waiting on call backs and responses to my want ad.
Going to try to cool my heels and be patient.
Go take a walk then do some work after dinner.
Good luck with that, just checking it's out of an 85 Jeep?

It will be fine. Just gotta get through this engine baby sitting today, get it ready to ship and I can go home. Likely head out to the garage to work on the Charger. I have the dutchman panel and filler piece pretty close to being able to tack it in. Then back inside for 2 more filler panels and more tubing.

Here's hoping!

HBD to the horse lady... :thumbsup:
Unfortunately not long ago she had to put her horse down. Now horseless lady..

My buddy emailed back and is game. He's got the full size tanks and this is an excuse to get the rosebud (or in this case I'll get it for him)

TJ.
A little confused on how the threaded rod goes together with the machining a rod to pass through both eyes. Can you clarify?
Two seperate things. A test bar to make sure the eyes align after pushing yoke.
Careful you dont distort the eye when you push,hammer would be a bad idea if its glowing.

Hey Eric, it can only be a better day today!! Happy Birthday to Marie!!

Morning!
-4 and a high of 4°. Not bad at all.
Back in shop,bead roller games again today. Not getting much done on truck but its all relevant. Now or later when i need it.

It will be fine. Just gotta get through this engine baby sitting today, get it ready to ship and I can go home. Likely head out to the garage to work on the Charger. I have the dutchman panel and filler piece pretty close to being able to tack it in. Then back inside for 2 more filler panels and more tubing.

Unfortunately not long ago she had to put her horse down. Now horseless lady..

I recall...sad... those Arabs live many years.

She's still a horse person... just taking a break. When you're living in Northern Arizona things will change

Looks like another very warm day, I busted a sweat in a tee shirt yesterday. Congratulations to @memike on the welcome addition to the shop! That is gonna make a huge difference come high summer. I am going to take it easy on the arm today as it is really singing after a couple days of chainsaw work. Think I will just do some reloading. Happy Bday to Marie @71GSSDemon !

Looks like another very warm day, I busted a sweat in a tee shirt yesterday. Congratulations to @memike on the welcome addition to the shop! That is gonna make a huge difference come high summer. I am going to take it easy on the arm today as it is really singing after a couple days of chainsaw work. Think I will just do some reloading. Happy Bday to Marie @71GSSDemon !

The Ground Rat says early Spring

-
Back