Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got shelf and controller mounted on bead roller stand. Im now in research and development stage for the foot switch. Think i have it figured out. Should fire up the plasma cutter.
You need one of these for your switch.

1706889450895.png

Going back and forth with e-mails right now.
They sent this photo of a 'typical' similar restored part.
[/URL]
[/URL]

See something there that raises concern?
I have Olympic 4x4 in Snohomish looking just in case. Was surprised that they got rid of their yard 5 years ago, place was great but guy there is knowledgeable and willing to help locate, waiting for call back.

I've seen bits and pieces about 440 motors in the early 70's being different from prior years.... also the whole "motorhome.440"

What's the deal you BB guys?

I've seen bits and pieces about 440 motors in the early 70's being different from prior years.... also the whole "motorhome.440"

Block wise, there’s no difference.

Some of the larger motorhome BBs had different heads that had the water pumping directly into them. But those were generally are the Class C and larger RVs and semis

Block wise, there’s no difference.

Some of the larger motorhome BBs had different heads that had the water pumping directly into them. But those were generally are the Class C and larger RVs and semis
And no, you can’t use the RV heads in a car or even a truck. The water pump on those mounts stupidly high and won’t clear a hood on anything else.

There’s also a myth about the block walls being thinner, which technically is true, they’re .004 thinner. However, they have extra webbing on the mains and they’ve been heavily tested to actually be stronger than the earlier car and truck blocks.

Going back and forth with e-mails right now.
They sent this photo of a 'typical' similar restored part.
[/URL]
[/URL]

See something there that raises concern?
I got a call back from Olympic 4x4, he said even though Yukon does not list them on their website they have them and he could get one to me for $211 so maybe some options there.

And no, you can’t use the RV heads in a car or even a truck. The water pump on those mounts stupidly high and won’t clear a hood on anything else.

There’s also a myth about the block walls being thinner, which technically is true, they’re .004 thinner. However, they have extra webbing on the mains and they’ve been heavily tested to actually be stronger than the earlier car and truck blocks.

Yeah... I keep seeing ads touting "RV motor" Wasn't sure what that was all about

Yeah... I keep seeing ads touting "RV motor" Wasn't sure what that was all about
Remember, not all RV motors have the strange heads and water pump. My 1978 RV 440 is exactly the same as any other production 440 except it has peanut spark plugs in the 452 heads

Remember, not all RV motors have the strange heads and water pump. My 1978 RV 440 is exactly the same as any other production 440 except it has peanut spark plugs in the 452 heads

I figured the draw might be the wear on the motor.... not a lot of miles. Probably mostly highway, etc....

The RV blocks are about the only ones left out in the wild. Not too many car 440's out there any more unless you find one in an old C body.

My friend Tom had 3 or 4 blocks, a couple sets of heads and a crank or two laying around from when he ran them in his Duster. He sold them off and graduated to a aluminum block of some sort and 500+ cubes. I heard upper 8-900 HP on the dyno. I hope he calls me to ride along soon when it goes back on the dyno after a freshening up.

3 teef ripped out.... $1750 :( that coulda been my rims and tired.... waiting for my head to clear a bit before driving home.. hope i get there before the pain starts :)

I feel your pain....That's never any fun.
I for one do not want to feel his pain! You can have it @Icetech ! Be safe driving home, but once home I have heard from a very unreliable source that Bourbon is the key. And yes medically alcohol does not help the blood clotting but think how it staves off infection! On serious note that is a no fun day plus pricey. Arghh!

Yeha.. the place is amazing that did it, its across from my work, so i went back to work til i was ok to drive. Starting to lose the numbness now.. glad to be done though, i have been in constant pain for like 5 years.. hoping i will be less of an asshole too:)

-
Back