Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey everyone. Snowing again. Got the motor pit of the Demon on Friday. Yesterday helped my uncle put a 67 Mustang shell on a GM G body stock car chassis. Odd, yes. Fit almost perfeft...YES. Track width and wheelbase near identical.
OMG!!! Eric that's like stuffing a LS in a 70 Cuda. :poke:

Well I'm done for a few days. Docs for a vitamin treatment tomorrow :rolleyes:
That usually knocks me down for 3 or 4 da
Anyway some progress today
I have the bolt at the base of the steering column soaking in P B blaster
Nut and bolt turn.
It's a bastard spot to get to. Really need two people. Between that and the three bolts supporting the steering column at the firewall.
being paintedover isn't helping.
I did manage to get the dash unbolted and everything disconnected except the ignition and heater cables.

My nephew said leave the garage key and go to the docs tomorrow ill take care of it. After he yelled at me for not calling.good kid.

20240324_161050.jpg

20240324_161008.jpg

20240324_160754.jpg

20240324_160725.jpg

OMG!!! Eric that's like stuffing a LS in a 70 Cuda. :poke:
Well, he found a trashed shell. Wanted the cheapest way to just a race chassis together. Still ford powered, but cheap stock car parts and full rolling chassis, brakes, rear end, extra control arms etc $800

Nut and bolt turn.
It's a bastard spot to get to. Really need two people. Between that and the three bolts supporting the steering column at the firewall.
I did manage to get the dash unbolted and everything disconnected except the ignition and heater cables.

My nephew said leave the garage key and go to the docs tomorrow ill take care of it. After he yelled at me for not calling.good kid.

View attachment 1716226415

View attachment 1716226416

View attachment 1716226417

View attachment 1716226418
Nice work Wolfie and give your nephew an atta boy for me.

Well, he found a trashed shell. Wanted the cheapest way to just a race chassis together. Still ford powered, but cheap stock car parts and full rolling chassis, brakes, rear end, extra control arms etc $800
Would do the same thing and seeing something different is a plus.

Nut and bolt turn.

Slow and easy there Ripsnort!

I have a picture somewhere of that coupler bolt after I got it apart. It was no fun. Hopefully PB Blaster fur the win.

Tested fit my 'new' (to me) starter. All good. And adapting wires shouldn't be a problem. I'll just put them on the wire stretcher. LOL Actually a slight reroute and it makes it. Ran cables from a battery to it out of car.. Runs great. -and SO quiet! Will be interesting to hear the difference if/when it starts the car.
After that I played in the dirt a bit. Started flower bed cleanup. Mostly in front of the porch.

Yep, I understand. Last time I pulled my tranny out of my Scamp I finally figured out how to do it with just me and no tranny lift.
Must have been a light tranny if you didn't need a lift. So did they get out of the scamp on their own or did you open the door.:poke: :poke::poke::rofl::rofl::rofl: just messing with ya Fred

Yep, I understand. Last time I pulled my tranny out of my Scamp I finally figured out how to do it with just me and no tranny lift.
I had the 727 out of the Demon 2 times in a week, while in a sling from shoulder surgery. Learn to work the floor jack handle with your feet, while using 1 arm, while hoping is stays balanced on the floor jack, slide off said jack onto floor as it is too tall. Then reverse. Getting it back onto the jack while under the car is the trick.

I had the 727 out of the Demon 2 times in a week, while in a sling from shoulder surgery. Learn to work the floor jack handle with your feet, while using 1 arm, while hoping is stays balanced on the floor jack, slide off said jack onto floor as it is too tall. Then reverse. Getting it back onto the jack while under the car is the trick.
OH ****! Never tried that. I put 2 rachet straps in the holes in the frame and let it down on a creeper. My feet can't turn a jack handle.

Nut and bolt turn.

That does not look like an easy one, nice multi-tool engineering tho, hope you get it soon!

-
Back