Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I like when people bring me their extras but they usually wait til they started going mushy which is annoying :(
Yep, I pick some early when they still have some light green and pink on them, put them in a paper bag so they ripen at there speed, the sooner they get picked, they can start popping out new strong tomatoes faster. If you was near I would drop a few every Tuesday and Friday..

Everything on the internet is true
- Julius Caesar
Like the guy on B bodies. His answer to straightening a steering wheel that is off center, He says to take shim the steering gear or take the K member apart and re weld. I suggested lengthen one tie rod sleeve and shorten the other one the same amount.

Like the guy on B bodies. His answer to straightening a steering wheel that is off center, He says to take shim the steering gear or take the K member apart and re weld. I suggested lengthen one tie rod sleeve and shorten the other one the same amount.

The k-frame thing was a joke i assume? I see things that makes it hard to tell anymore :)

Great deal here

Some are welders,some are shimmers and some are twisters. They should stay in their lane.
Someone forgot the girilla hang on steering wheel to foce it back to center. I witnessed the “alignment tech” doing that. If i could, i would have fired him on the spot.
I still think it was this fine fellow that introduced meth to this quiet little town..

Morning!
2 degrees below freezing, going to 3 above. The upward trend is slow, but bbq weekend is a week away.

Great deal here
Trust a 20 year old snap on over a new innova?

Here's the OP's first post: "I have a weird alignment issue with the 1971 GTX. When I bought it the steering wheel lock was 2 turns to the left and lock 1.5 turns to the right with uneven tie rod ends but the steering wheel was centered perfectly. This week I replaced all the front end components with Mancini and Moog parts. Pittman arm is keyed and is aligned parallel front to back with the frame. Steering column is keyed to the steering shaft so it only can go on one way. Steering wheel hub is keyed to the steering shaft so it only goes on one way. I get 1 3/4 turn from neutral center of the steering wheel lock to lock so I know we’re centered yet the steering wheel is sitting 90 degrees to the left. See pics. Can’t figure it out unless the steering box was rebuilt and not clocked correctly. Thoughts?"

Here's the OP's first post: "I have a weird alignment issue with the 1971 GTX. When I bought it the steering wheel lock was 2 turns to the left and lock 1.5 turns to the right with uneven tie rod ends but the steering wheel was centered perfectly. This week I replaced all the front end components with Mancini and Moog parts. Pittman arm is keyed and is aligned parallel front to back with the frame. Steering column is keyed to the steering shaft so it only can go on one way. Steering wheel hub is keyed to the steering shaft so it only goes on one way. I get 1 3/4 turn from neutral center of the steering wheel lock to lock so I know we’re centered yet the steering wheel is sitting 90 degrees to the left. See pics. Can’t figure it out unless the steering box was rebuilt and not clocked correctly. Thoughts?"

Is it possible to have the tie rod sleeves THAT far out? and don't pitman arms have 4 key slots and can be 90 degrees off?

It sounds like he got the box centered and he now has to straighten the wheel with the tie rods ends. :BangHead: :BangHead:

Is it possible to have the tie rod sleeves THAT far out? and don't pitman arms have 4 key slots and can be 90 degrees off?
He said the tie rods were set uneven when he started this project. No 90° keyed pitman arms.

It sounds like he got the box centered and he now has to straighten the wheel with the tie rods ends. :BangHead: :BangHead:
90 degrees off from tie rod ends seems like A LOT... but a single pic of them would prolly have cleared it up fast

He said the tie rods were set uneven when he started this project. No 90° keyed pitman arms.
ahh ok.. i thought i had read pitmans have 4 keyslots.. may have been a different car company... and yeah.. the tie rods being uneven to start with should be a clue :)

speaking of... my new steering box should be here today i think :) Will need to drop the header to get the PS box out though :( hope i can save the gasket.. maybe torsion bar out also.. will see

Trust a 20 year old snap on over a new innova?
Tell you the truth the digital ones hold up fine. Hell I have some old old school ones that hook into the wire and plug and they work. But then again I have a tester also.

BTW.. i found this funny... 20 year old tiktokers are going nuts over MD 20/20...... it's like they just discovered 1980s highschool..

I never drank but it seemed to be the cheapest garbage that kids would drink at that time
1711800509616.jpeg

-
Back