Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. Spent about an hour on the Charger after work. Decided on where the last bars for the cage will be. Now to make them. Made and tacked in 2 last night. I hope to have all but the door bars in and the console panels made by Sunday.

Otherwise, weather is cooling back off and rain rolling in today and tomorrow.

20240415_183216.jpg

20240415_183349.jpg

Good morning everyone. Spent about an hour on the Charger after work. Decided on where the last bars for the cage will be. Now to make them. Made and tacked in 2 last night. I hope to have all but the door bars in and the console panels made by Sunday.

View attachment 1716237249

View attachment 1716237250
Awesome work as always. Eric. What do you call those supports that are between the roll bar and the a-pillars?

Awesome work as always. Eric. What do you call those supports that are between the roll bar and the a-pillars?
Not sure. I just like them on some of the race cars. I made some dimple dies to strengthen them. Ties the cage to the body very nicely. Lots more strength. I love the look

View attachment 1716237249

View attachment 1716237250

I'm surprsied you aren't getting flash rust.. if i leave anything bare for a few days it looks like it was in a swamp for years... BTW... that car is looking insane.. love it :)

Supposed to be great outside today. Man its a make up day was down hard yesterday. Have a bunch of yard stuff to do.

I'm surprsied you aren't getting flash rust.. if i leave anything bare for a few days it looks like it was in a swamp for years... BTW... that car is looking insane.. love it :)
I am getting some flash rust, but actually better than expected. Must be enough oils on the metal. I do have chassis paint ordered that I will also be using on the interior. It is just a matter of time, so paint will be necessary.

I am getting some flash rust, but actually better than expected. Must be enough oils on the metal. I do have chassis paint ordered that I will also be using on the interior. It is just a matter of time, so paint will be necessary.
You know what I like that is almost like powder coating is appliance pain. Seriously hard when dry.

1713265584285.png

My dad used to race go-karts when he was in the military. The Air Force to be specific. They would set off sections of the ramps to set up a course. I can't really remember how often he used to race, but I do remember we had a station wagon and he would back up to the course with it and us kids would watch from the back of the station wagon. I also remember them running twin McCulloch chainsaw engines on those carts. He also raced go-karts when we were stationed in Vienna, Austria. They had an amusement park there that they set off space for a course. I still have a box full of all all of his old trophies..
Buddy had a go cart built using a snowmobile as a donor. Eskimo with a single cyl sachs 340. 80 mph and got there quick. Imagine steering so bad, that it would take both lanes of a two lane highway. Raced a firebird 350 4 speed. Go cart had the lead to about 60 mph.

-
Back