Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am Here !! Just checked the dimensions for @dukeboy_318 . Not sure how worn my rear springs are, but I believe car to only have 95K Originally.
Anyhow... 7 1/8 from top of rear to floor/trunk pan... and 22 1/2 from ground to center of wheel arch, measuring at the quarter panel. Hope that helps.
:lol:
awesome, thanks!

My big giant head won't fit under mine!!!
unless you do like I do and jack it up Super stock style ....

on my 68 dart, I cranked the T-bars up 10 turns a side and I put shackles on the back to raise it up. Shackles are not really answer but at the time I was broke and that is all I had.

I love the raised Super Stock stance. The handling is a bit poor because you get more body roll and you feel every bump but who cares, these are not Ferraris or plastic junk ...Right? As long as they look fast and straight, who cares LOL

people were doing the old school super stock look long before the slant eyes showed up with their plastic junk anyways

za1.jpg

unless you do like I do and jack it up Super stock style ....

on my 68 dart, I cranked the T-bars up 10 turns a side and I put shackles on the back to raise it up. Shackles are not really answer but at the time I was broke and that is all I had.

I love the raised Super Stock stance. The handling is a bit poor because you get more body roll and you feel every bump but who cares, these are not Ferraris or plastic junk ...Right? As long as they look fast and straight, who cares LOL

people were doing the old school super stock look long before the slant eyes showed up with their plastic junk anyways

View attachment 1714947851
Nice body. great curves. and the car looks fantastic also...

so I am doing an oil change in my cousin's satellite ....( my old car but oh well) and it has this nasty tick tick tick tick tick

I might need some thicker oil LOL

would a 68 318 have solid lifters ??

so I am doing an oil change in my cousin's satellite ....( my old car but oh well) and it has this nasty tick tick tick tick tick

I might need some thicker oil LOL

would a 68 318 have solid lifters ??
Don't quote me on this, but I think they would be hydraulic. Try the ol' trans fluid in with oil trick to clean up a possible sticky lifter. Verify that it's not an exhaust leak first..

Don't quote me on this, but I think they would be hydraulic. Try the ol' trans fluid in with oil trick to clean up a possible sticky lifter. Verify that it's not an exhaust leak first..
Yeh, Haven't used it in years, but I was thinking Marvel Mystery Oil. Thicker oil might mask the sound but if its a lifter would likely make the prob worse.

Yeh, Haven't used it in years, but I was thinking Marvel Mystery Oil. Thicker oil might mask the sound but if its a lifter would likely make the prob worse.
love that stuff... I put a quick shot of it in each cylinder of the 360 while it sat around waiting on parts

Good evening folks!

I was rained out of my afternoon cruise (t-storms actually) so I spent the time detailing the engine compartment. Changed out a bunch of old screws, clips and brackets for new. I also did a little customizing with a Mopar decal on the brake booster and a red stripe around the air cleaner...

Engine dressing 1b.jpg

love that stuff... I put a quick shot of it in each cylinder of the 360 while it sat around waiting on parts
Yup.. I've sold more of that stuff that Bill Clinton sold little girls on Lollipops !!

Good evening folks!

I was rained out of my afternoon cruise (t-storms actually) so I spent the time detailing the engine compartment. Changed out a bunch of old screws, clips and brackets for new. I also did a little customizing with a Mopar decal on the brake booster and a red stripe around the air cleaner...

View attachment 1714947888
oOoOoOoOoOoooo... fancy - :poke: :lol:

any of you use Lucas oil additive ??

white bottle about 10 bucks and supposed to be good stuff

-
Back