Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well......... I was planning on going racing with it this weekend. So it was going to get hammered on hard core, but this failed just as I was doing one last drive and getting ready to load it on the trailer.

Ok.. See Y'all .. Gonna sit and watch the Nats kick some Reds Butt...

It was a lifter .....car had not had an oil change in like 10 years maybe more

I changed the oil and went around the block and still TICK TICK TICK TICK

So i drove it up the road a second time to get it hot. Came back and still a tick tick but much quieter.

Then to burn some old gas and see how hot it would get, i let it idle for like 15 minutes and now there is no tick and it never went over half in the opetating temp range :usflag:

It was a lifter .....car had not had an oil change in like 10 years maybe more

I changed the oil and went around the block and still TICK TICK TICK TICK

So i drove it up the road a second time to get it hot. Came back and still a tick tick but much quieter.

Then to burn some old gas and see how hot it would get, i let it idle for like 15 minutes and now there is no tick and it never went over half in the opetating temp range :usflag:
10 years!! dang

@Ddaddy - where'd ya go!? I was just teasin' ya bud...
I'm here, I just was outside for awhile adding another touch to under the hood while my daughter and her friend ran around the yard chasing fireflies.

Another fancy addition...:D

Battery.jpg

Well......... I was planning on going racing with it this weekend. So it was going to get hammered on hard core, but this failed just as I was doing one last drive and getting ready to load it on the trailer.
Well, that sucks. But I guess it means the carb was working well?

the stripe on the air cleaner needs something... maybe engine size call outs? one on either side, sticking above and below the stripe...?

Sorry I am Irish.
Got a nice brittle harness though!
Any one have desirable thermoquad #'s Found a buss full of em! seriously
Lol, last time I was at Baughman's looking for door stuff he told me to look in one of the trailers. Had to climb over a mountain of carbs. No way to get through without stepping on them. no clue what all was in there.

the stripe on the air cleaner needs something... maybe engine size call outs? one on either side, sticking above and below the stripe...?
Yeah, I'm not done yet. I'm looking to add to it to mirror the look of the pie pan on top. The good part is that I used reflective tape so it's kinda cool when you shine a light on it or see it in the sunshine.

This is what it looks like when you hit it with a flash taking a pic...

Air cleaner.jpg

Keith he has over 10k carbs two busses full in there, saw Stromberg's, old Rochester 4 jets no AFB's though all the tops were pulled off.

-
Back