Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hmmm that makes no sense. wonder why they did that
Kinda what I was saying last week when Ray mentioned needing FSM. what electrical components does the SE have that are different from others? I know Ray knows wiring, but I gotta believe any 74 harness should be close. Even the correct original harness in mine confuses me some times. Most of the harnesses had extras in them. My 75 has stuff that I believe was 74 only emissions parts.

Right now If this harness (just found one) does not fit for a template painless it is. Would just be *** pain to do the fire wall back right now.

Kinda what I was saying last week when Ray mentioned needing FSM. what components does the SE have that are different from others? I know Ray knows wiring, but I gotta believe any 74 harness should be close. Even the correct original harness in mine confuses me some times. Most of the harnesses had extras in them. My 75 has stuff that I believe was 74 only emissions parts.

Keith none of the wires are even in the right connector holes, great example yesterday did the temp sender right the one from the car went into lets say k slot, the doner went into k slot and the fsm had it in another slot. :soapbox:

Right now If this harness (just found one) does not fit for a template painless it is. Would just be *** pain to do the fire wall back right now.
Do you have to do the whole car Painless. Or, do they offer a way to just do the bay and adapt to the rest of the existing wiring?

Keith you prob have the choke timer plugs and the seat belt interface also in the 74

I already have two fuse blocks! LOL one for the oem and one for the accessories, fan, fuel pump, vac pump, cb linear........Then a relay block!

Keith none of the wires are even in the right connector holes, great example yesterday did the temp sender right the one from the car went into lets say k slot, the doner went into k slot and the fsm had it in another slot. :soapbox:
You are saying the two harnesses matched. That makes sense, cause there are definitely errors in the FSM. Supports what I am suggesting that you should be able to use the donor harness and should be 99% plug n play. You just might have extra plugs that don't get to play. :D But on SE I would expect almost everything to be used, unless you eliminated or changed something in the swap.

And a big alternator! LOL Did mount the batt in the trunk yesterday it fits pretty well.

Keith you prob have the choke timer plugs and the seat belt interface also in the 74
I know one was egr timer and there is a single wire that lays on the valve cover that went to a solenoid on the carb in 74, but not used on 75.. I think they got all the seat belt crap out of the front harness. The seat still has all of it, but the one it plugs into at the dash only has two wires.

Ive not done it yet, the painless is supposed to be complete, headlight to tailight

This is the route I'll be going on mine. The under dash wiring was a ball of spaghetti with multiple hot leads tagged into everything, bare wire splices and a battery isolator/switch hanging from under the dash.

wow... cnn radio saying that 2 western states are trying to ban all lightbulbs that are NOT smartphone controlled...........

-
Back