Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
FYI , just called Amd themselves.... the rumor is true. They stopped stamping dart/scamp quarter skins and are just stamping full quarters. Guy said they haven't made any in 8 months and it's not scheduled to be stamped anytime soon. Sob
?? whats the difference? I thought you wanted a full quarter 'skin'. Or are they not making certain patch panels? What exactly are they not making? Seems odd that they would take anything out of production. They just finally started making full fenders for Dusters about a year ago. You would think they would be making a lot more of the A body stuff as people shift to restoring these vs more expensive Bs Es...

?? whats the difference? I thought you wanted a full quarter 'skin'. Or are they not making certain patch panels? What exactly are they not making? Seems odd that they would take anything out of production. They just finally started making full fenders for Dusters about a year ago. You would think they would be making a lot more of the A body stuff as people shift to restoring these vs more expensive Bs Es...
He didn't say. the full quarters go all the way up to the sail panel of the roof vs the top of the body line. Full quarters also extend to the trunk gutter.
The skins aren't being made anymore.
Really, I could probably patch the front lower of my quarter if I could find a rear lower patch panel

He didn't say. the full quarters go all the way up to the sail panel of the roof vs the top of the body line. Full quarters also extend to the trunk gutter.
The skins aren't being made anymore.
Really, I could probably patch the front lower of my quarter if I could find a rear lower patch panel
So you wanted the one that just goes up past the center body line? Where is yours actually damaged? My Duster was mostly just lower rust out below all the body lines except a little near the wheel wells. I just used flat sheet metal and shaped it. It is a lot less work getting the big piece if you need to repair much that crosses body lines. much easier to fill a couple relatively flat weld seems.

So you wanted the one that just goes up past the center body line? Where is yours actually damaged? My Duster was mostly just lower rust out below all the body lines except a little near the wheel wells. I just used flat sheet metal and shaped it. It is a lot less work getting the big piece if you need to repair much that crosses body lines. much easier to fill a couple relatively flat weld seems.

The half-skins are not always perfect, and usually need some work.

Hg on, I'll find a pic

Full quarter vs skin

Screenshot_2016-07-25-15-04-40.png

Screenshot_2016-07-25-15-05-09.png

-
Back