Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My school was a old guy I worked for at a gulf station, now his son is my brother in law! I am good with a torch but a mig with flux is hit or miss. A stick I am fine with. Have both and really need a torch but the bottles are to dam much, I want at least a 20 cuft ones so I wont run out of gas. I have to do sensor bungs on my exhaust soon prob have the guy across the street do it for me. Things like that I want to braze on personally.

We need it. I have the hose still in the pond. Worried about the pump. Would suck to replace it it is down 400'

Good mornin', Karl!

Do you have technical schools there? Here they sometimes offer night courses for do it your selfers.
The local high school has technical programs so they should cover welding. I guess I'll talk to my buddy who works in that sector.

I learned Ac/Ox welding as a kid and I've used a stick welder a few times with poor to lousy results. The little welder I bought the other week is terrible. Or I'm a terrible welder because it's REALLY difficult to get the arc going and since it only has three or four current settings adjusting it is difficult, too. I tried welding together a grille for the barbecue the other day but I ended up burning big holes and leaving boogers all over.

Good mornin', Karl!

The local high school has technical programs so they should cover welding. I guess I'll talk to my buddy who works in that sector.

I learned Ac/Ox welding as a kid and I've used a stick welder a few times with poor to lousy results. The little welder I bought the other week is terrible. Or I'm a terrible welder because it's REALLY difficult to get the arc going and since it only has three or four current settings adjusting it is difficult, too. I tried welding together a grille for the barbecue the other day but I ended up burning big holes and leaving boogers all over.

Hi Anders...

The most difficult part is getting the settings right... The welding is easy after that...

Hey Karl the wife had a in planned layover in O'Hare last night, no ide why she left a message from the USO!

Hey Karl the wife had a in planned layover in O'Hare last night, no ide why she left a message from the USO!

Too bad I missed her...

I'm about half-way between O'hare and Midway... ("Midway" between them... - LOL!)

I really need a mig with gas have a cheap one and can only use flux core wire. It is ok for now but one day......

How cooll is it that Al got Don Pardo to do the voice over in this song/video... (The actual announcer for the original show...)

"You're a complete LOOSER!!!"

And while we're doing some Weird Al Yankovic, here's the first song that I ever heard of his:

-
Back