Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Have to go put the fuel tank back in my Duramax truck, Mark the spot for,the straw and drop it again to mount it. Been up since 1:30am....just don't want to go outside...hmm...Keurig is still on...screw it, one more cup. The ageing process....not to be taken lightly...SMH...

This is a 99 drop top 3800. Just a pain in the *** to work on. It actually runs and looks nice. Just sucks in the rain and a no mover in the snow.

Have to go put the fuel tank back in my Duramax truck, Mark the spot for,the straw and drop it again to mount it. Been up since 1:30am....just don't want to go outside...hmm...Keurig is still on...screw it, one more cup. The ageing process....not to be taken lightly...SMH...

I agree I am really slow now!

Looks like it is quite a project going on there!

Yes it is. Enclosing that screen porch is something he wanted to do since we moved here ten years ago. When it's done, it'll be decorated like an old English pub and have my 9' pool table in there. Imagine that -- a little fun to break up the endless work!!

NCM_1050.JPG

Yes it is. Enclosing that screen porch is something he wanted to do since we moved here ten years ago. When it's done, it'll be decorated like an old English pub and have my 9' pool table in there. Imagine that -- a little fun to break up the endless work!!

View attachment 1714975659
Drinking on the porch is my specialty!! Looks like a great setup..

I'm on an island on the west coast of Sweden where the waters contain quite a few of these if you know where to find them. A few days ago, the season opened and the traditional auctioning of the first landed batch ended at 20,000 SEK/kilogram. That's 1,058 USD/pound.

I got this from a neighbor who pulled it out of the ocean three hours before the pic is taken. Boiled this evening, dinner with the mrs tomorrow.

2016-10-01 18.27.14.jpg

Welp....got the fuel tank back in....somebody please remind me later to send the builder of my motorcycle jack a thank you note...true life saver. Have one fuel line that I am baffled by. It is the only one of the oe ones I am installing under the truck. It is the return line from the fuel cooler to the hose off the tank. Has to about a foot between them...but the line I need to figure out is about 2 foot long....that is if it were straight...damn thing looks like a drunk bong water chugging crack head designed it....SMH...hope everyone is having a great day...and at least being productive in some fashion or another...even if it is giving your liver a work out...

Welp....got the fuel tank back in....somebody please remind me later to send the builder of my motorcycle jack a thank you note...true life saver. Have one fuel line that I am baffled by. It is the only one of the oe ones I am installing under the truck. It is the return line from the fuel cooler to the hose off the tank. Has to about a foot between them...but the line I need to figure out is about 2 foot long....that is if it were straight...damn thing looks like a drunk bong water chugging crack head designed it....SMH...hope everyone is having a great day...and at least being productive in some fashion or another...even if it is giving your liver a work out...
Too bad Ink.. If it was here, I'd put up on the lift and check it out... Fuel lines can definitely be a problem..

Evening all
Beer and hot dogs for me. Over a campfire

So I went and looked at that '67 Belvedere II today. The car runs and drives, 383 auto with an 8-3/4 rear. It's all there and fairly straight. It's also a Missouri car so the rust isn't bad. Just needs a bunch of work and $$ to restore it. They are asking $5800. IDK if I want another project, but maybe if I could get it for under $4k...

Belv 1.jpg
Belv 2.jpg
Belv 3.jpg
Belv 4.jpg
Belv 5.jpg
Belv 6.jpg
Belv 7.jpg
Belv 8.jpg
Belv 9.jpg

I'm on an island on the west coast of Sweden where the waters contain quite a few of these if you know where to find them. A few days ago, the season opened and the traditional auctioning of the first landed batch ended at 20,000 SEK/kilogram. That's 1,058 USD/pound.

I got this from a neighbor who pulled it out of the ocean three hours before the pic is taken. Boiled this evening, dinner with the mrs tomorrow.

View attachment 1714975713
$1,058 per lb!!? that's a typo right?

So I went and looked at that '67 Belvedere II today. The car runs and drives, 383 auto with an 8-3/4 rear. It's all there and fairly straight. It's also a Missouri car so the rust isn't bad. Just needs a bunch of work and $$ to restore it. They are asking $5800. IDK if I want another project, but maybe if I could get it for under $4k...

View attachment 1714975816 View attachment 1714975817 View attachment 1714975818 View attachment 1714975819 View attachment 1714975820 View attachment 1714975821 View attachment 1714975822 View attachment 1714975823 View attachment 1714975824
you that part where you were feeling unsure about a project... yeah. What's with the brick under the front tire? Are you thinking keeper or investment/"flip"?

you that part where you were feeling unsure about a project... yeah. What's with the brick under the front tire? Are you thinking keeper or investment/"flip"?
I was initially think about a flip. Clean it up enough to bring it to the next level and make a few $$. I'm assuming the brick is just for extra insurance. I leaned on the car and the parking pawl seems to be functioning.

I just don't know that I want the project.

-
Back