Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I went and looked at that '67 Belvedere II today. The car runs and drives, 383 auto with an 8-3/4 rear. It's all there and fairly straight. It's also a Missouri car so the rust isn't bad. Just needs a bunch of work and $$ to restore it. They are asking $5800. IDK if I want another project, but maybe if I could get it for under $4k...

View attachment 1714975816 View attachment 1714975817 View attachment 1714975818 View attachment 1714975819 View attachment 1714975820 View attachment 1714975821 View attachment 1714975822 View attachment 1714975823 View attachment 1714975824
Damn not me! I hope I NEVER see another car of mine in that shape! :eek::eek:

I was initially think about a flip. Clean it up enough to bring it to the next level and make a few $$. I'm assuming the brick is just for extra insurance. I leaned on the car and the parking pawl seems to be functioning.

I just don't know that I want the project.
it's a $$ pit boss

no typo
20,000.00 SEK = 2,336.00 USD
2.20462 lb per kg
I get $1059.59/lb
expensive piece of tail there...:D

Too bad Ink.. If it was here, I'd put up on the lift and check it out... Fuel lines can definitely be a problem..
Thanks for the thought. I did find the suction line from the tank with a big kink
20160924_152243.jpg
...but it had to have been there since the truck was built. Sending unit is plastic...line is stainless...Rebuilt the fuel filter head again...the Napa kit that I used the first time was terrible. Spoke with the manufacturer of the lift pump...they are thinking that I have an obstruction...and an air leak...the kink and a poor fitting o-ring in the fuel filter head...will find out tomorrow when I finish buttoning it up...

it's a $$ pit boss
I was thinking of cleaning up the body with bondo, slap a bright red paint job on it at Maaco, put on some used craigars and redo the interior. Clean up the engine bay and tune it up. Figure $2k investment and flip for $8k to some kid who wants a hot rod.

I was thinking of cleaning up the body with bondo, slap a bright red paint job on it at Maaco, put on some used craigars and redo the interior. Clean up the engine bay and tune it up. Figure $2k investment and flip for $8k to some kid who wants a hot rod.
Good plan. No way in hell could i pull off that 'fix up' for 2K tho..

Not a bad idea, BUT I always found a way to spent too much on a "quick flip"!

Flipping is all in what you choose to do. I can do the interior for about $1k, cragars, paint and engine clean up for another $1k. Everyone is afraid of body, paint and interior work but mechanical stuff is what they are comfortable with. Make it look decent inside and out and they will buy it.

Here's what a simple $800 does to the outside...

Belv 2b.jpg

Well I called the guy selling the Belvedere. He said he would be willing to go down to $4500. I offered $3500 cash but he wouldn't budge. I told him the offer was good for 30 days if he changed his mind. We'll see what happens after he has some time to think about it.

At $3500, I could strip it for parts and still make my money back.

Ahhh, my weekend starts. See y'all Monday night...6 hr road trip to Albany Ga to see Dad, want to get on the road early. They've kept him in the hospital longer because of stomach ulcers, but it looks like they'll finally move him to the nursing home in a few days. It will be good to see him, phone calls just aren't the same.

Drive by hi hello

I fed the cats and turned the timer on to water my new grass seed.......and I am going back to bed.

Maybe pick up a dream of driving a coronet again. :usflag:

not a whole lot at this hour - coffee. how goes the "lean-to"?
They've made three trips here already, and got rained out each time.. Got 1 post up... He'll be here all day tomorrow tho... No rain expected... Gotta Go now myself... Be back later.... Oh Hi Rani !!!

They've made three trips here already, and got rained out each time.. Got 1 post up... He'll be here all day tomorrow tho... No rain expected... Gotta Go now myself... Be back later.... Oh Hi Rani !!!

Good day sir, enjoy your morning

-
Back