Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It doesn't actually do anything but sit on the dash and the pointer is turned to an angle after you make a few passes at parallel parking. Basically it's designed so that once you get the angle set, you turn the wheel as you are backing up until the pointer is parallel with the street and then turn the wheel the other way to finish the maneuver.

It's just a visual aid to help you know when to reverse the turn as you are backing up...

View attachment 1715031215
Your freaking amazing!

But how does it sense the turn is what I am wondering? Centrifugal force?
It doesn't sense anything and it doesn't move on it's own. You set the angle and leave it there. Then you look at it when parallel parking and when the pointer is parallel to the street you are backing in from, you reverse the turn.

It doesn't sense anything and it doesn't move on it's own. You set the angle and leave it there. Then you look at it when parallel parking and when the pointer is parallel to the street you are backing in from, you reverse the turn.
I Think I got it! Like a pet rock.

it is pretty wild that he not only knew what it is but has the flippin' directions too!!
LOL! I actually had the instructions because I remembered that my grandmother had one, and a couple years ago I went looking for one thinking it might be a useful gadget to have for when my daughter learns to drive in another few years. When I found the instructions I saved them thinking I could just make one out of card stock and stick in on the dash while she was learning.

:wtf:??? I thought this was directed at me "You really need a white flag Imogen you know!"

too much like fun - I will never get it in!
You are just to funny!
thisgameistooeasy.jpg

I do have one since I was born I named him slobber. See we are different just as they thought!

-
Back