Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It was a fantastic 14 day cruise, so we had 5 sea days as well. The first and second day were pretty much wasted because of the intense weather. The seas had occasional swells from 20-30' but average about 14'. The wind was also gusting up to 51mph, so some of the upper decks were closed. It just gave me a reason to drink more beer, besides no one could tell if I was walking funny because we all were.
sounds like an awesome time - glad you "survived" it - and glad to see you back!

Thanks! Now to get back into the groove of life and working on my car... I walked into that side of the garage this weekend, just to see where I left off at LOL, Took me a minute but remembered Im still working on getting the rear emergency brakes working.

Thanks! Now to get back into the groove of life and working on my car... I walked into that side of the garage this weekend, just to see where I left off at LOL, Took me a minute but remembered Im still working on getting the rear emergency brakes working.
it's amazing how we forget where we left off isn't it? winter does that to me - sometime I really have to think about it when I get out there and decide to start slinging wrenches again

I thought you had finished that project. Did you get everything figured out how to get it done?

Woohoo! I just managed to rent the same place we stayed in on Long Beach Island 2 years ago for 2 weeks in August this year!

I was a fantastic place on the lagoon on the bay side with a private water access and a hot tub. I'm stoked!

Here are a few pics from last time we stayed there...

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2288b.jpg

Woohoo! I just managed to rent the same place we stayed in on Long Beach Island 2 years ago for 2 weeks in August this year!

I was a fantastic place on the lagoon on the bay side with a private water access and a hot tub. I'm stoked!

Here are a few pics from last time we stayed there...

View attachment 1715032455

View attachment 1715032456

View attachment 1715032457

View attachment 1715032458

View attachment 1715032459

View attachment 1715032461
I could live there.. except why does that fish have both his eyes on one side of his head? Is it a dorkfish?

Some call them flatfish. They lay on the ocean floor and swim Parallel. The bottom side not shown has no markings like the top. Flounder are a common fish around here.
Yep, the bottom is pure white. We always called them Fluke on LBI. They lay on the bottom camouflaged by their markings and swim up parallel to the bottom to snag their prey.

I grew up spending Summers on Long Beach Island. My parents bought a house there in 1977 and I spent tons of time down there. I know every fishing spot in the bay and the seasons for every species of fish that populate it.

It also has good crabbing for blue claws...

IMG_2175a.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

That's a good size one. Nice catch.
Thanks, that one was 22" long and I snagged it at the end of a half-day boat rental in the "middle grounds" off Beach Haven. We had caught about a dozen just under the legal 18" limit and I hooked that one just before we had to head back to return the boat.

@halifaxhops

I hate to bug Mr. Hoppy but if he or any of you know how these are supposed to go on the bucket seat tracks??

do the big nuts go to the front or back or to the out or inner ???

the bolts all seem to be the exact same but I have no idea why there some big nuts and some little nuts, doesn't make any sense really

View attachment 1715032400
I know the bolts went in from the sides to the middle and the large plates inside on the back inside.(I think)
@Rainy Day Auto

Your a third!
Really busy yesterday doing stuff around here, did not want to get "sucked in" as you know this thread can do.

Your a third!
Really busy yesterday doing stuff around here, did not want to get "sucked in" as you know this thread can do.
Thats good. I thought maybe that hood work had you wooped. I did a little filler on the Duster yesterday. That hand sanding will wear you down quick.

I still have some to go, said the hell with leaning over on saw horses and stuck it on the lift. I think I will be taking the truck (yes an adventure) to get that tester this weekend let me know if you need that piece picked up.

-
Back