Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ehhh... I aint even gonna break out the blower... 42 tomorrow... I'll let it melt....

Good morning. We (California coast) are Somebody! We actually got about 15 seconds on the Weather Channel :rofl:. I think mostly because rain has been so scarce for the last few years.

just put up since noon...'round 2 started around daylight this morning. Probably got 6+ since then. So by this we are looking at 6-18 additional ? :eek:
28827756_1734106369980475_3147135565459134642_o.jpg

Last edited:
DUDE !!! With a new ring and pinion set. You MUST verify the depth of the pinion , in the case, relative to the centerline of the ring carrier. Most pinions have this depth number stamped on the face. If you been doin it the way you say, you just been lucky....
I have been lucky too. Usually measure old shims and install with new shims same thickness.

Figured that was happening...work officially cancelled for this evening as of about 20 minutes ago.

I have been lucky too. Usually measure old shims and install with new shims same thickness.
The new pinion I just put in this Pontiac had to move .020 in order for it to be in the correct location. Would not know it unless I check with pinion depth tool...

The new pinion I just put in this Pontiac had to move .020 in order for it to be in the correct location. Would not know it unless I check with pinion depth tool...
Could also compare numbers on old to new. And do the math. Dont get me wrong, yours is the correct way. And the best by any standards. Thats why you get to charge the big bucks...

-
Back