Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning all. Just woke up to a call from my brother who's stationed in South Korea.... you all need to turn on the news, big time historic moment.

Hopefully this is a start to something good for this region. My Dad spent a year of his young life in the Korean War. He would never talk about it, other than it was cold.

Hopefully this is a start to something good for this region. My Dad spent a year of his young life in the Korean War. He would never talk about it, other than it was cold.
My grandfather was there, he wouldn't either. And that was his second war. He'd fought in WW2 as well

My grandfather was there, he wouldn't either. And that was his second war. He'd fought in WW2 as well
In the Korean War, my Dad was a Infantry Pvt. He said when he saw the helicopters fly in and out he wanted to do that. He went to flight school, both fixed wing and helicopter. He later went to Vietnam as a helicopter pilot, and survived to include getting shot down.

Morning all. I need a nap. Got up @ 1 and couldn't get back to sleep. Took a half a sleeping pill (over the counter) and I am groggy now. I don't think coffee will help.

Morning Folks,
Was raining pretty hard here early this morning. I'll go see if the Ru-glyde sealed the side windows - doubt it. See what NWS suggests the rest of the day will look like.
My dog is a bit a creaky on days like this. The Pentosin4 has definately helped - thats just once a week.
Korea - A couple weeks ago I finished reading William Manchester's "American Caesar: Douglas MacArthur." Gave me a different appreciation for MacArthur's handling the Korean conflict amongst other things, like the occupation of Japan and the war in South Pacific. Very interesting for a different perspective.

Morning Folks,
Was raining pretty hard here early this morning. I'll go see if the Ru-glyde sealed the side windows - doubt it. See what NWS suggests the rest of the day will look like.
My dog is a bit a creaky on days like this. The Pentosin4 has definately helped - thats just once a week.
Korea - A couple weeks ago I finished reading William Manchester's "American Caesar: Douglas MacArthur." Gave me a different appreciation for MacArthur's handling the Korean conflict amongst other things, like the occupation of Japan and the war in South Pacific. Very interesting for a different perspective.
That is a GREAT book in my opinion

Test test 1-2-3 I just quoted Hoppy. The reply came through but not the original quote

That is a GREAT book in my opinion
I had put off reading it until a friend who has made other good recommendations urged me to give it a go. I'm not huge on biographies but had read General of the Army: George C. Marshall not too long before. So the two served as bookends in a way. I thought Manchester was sometimes a little too unsympathetic to those who MacArthur butted heads with. On the other hand, that may have helped keep us the readers to appreciate how MacArthur percieved the world. And that is the biographer's job.

-
Back