Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I question for you guys. Working on the car yesterday changing the oil sending unit. The PO had put a machinal unit on and I changed it back to electrical.
Anyway with the dark blue color the engine bay is painted I never noticed, but the back of the block is pretty dirty. Looks like dirt, grease, oil etc. Not bad scratched a spot with my fingernail and found paint.
Question what can I put on it to clean it up and not ruin the paint under the grime??
I know I won't get it all until I pull the engine some day. Just want to make it look better.

I question for you guys. Working on the car yesterday changing the oil sending unit. The PO had put a machinal unit on and I changed it back to electrical.
Anyway with the dark blue color the engine bay is painted I never noticed, but the back of the block is pretty dirty. Looks like dirt, grease, oil etc. Not bad scratched a spot with my fingernail and found paint.
Question what can I put on it to clean it up and not ruin the paint under the grime??
I know I won't get it all until I pull the engine some day. Just want to make it look better.
Pressure washer

Hahahaha

IMG_6143.PNG

I use Spray Nine for that..works well... Just cleaned all the grime off the 440 in my Belevedere...

I like simple green as a degreaser, i dont think it hurts paint.
I can't use a pressure washer right now too cold and the dash and wiring is out so its not running.
I have some simple green. I'll spray a spot let it soak a minute or two and see what it does.

I have pressure washed out in the cold,i just bring it inside immediately.but the water source comes from indoors too.

Oh Chris the parts money bit I mentioned. What you think you need just double that. I'm glad I did because as you know its a cash business.
Not sure but I might of had close to what Mitch and Hoppy had.
Of course you have to remember I'm just a poor man, with a needy wife, just getting by in the world.

Thinkin i should slide the barracuda in for a couple days...

Never mind found it. They also make Grez Off which got great reviews also.

I have been using the zep degreaser works well also. For the baked on crap on the distribs I actually use aircraft paint stripper work great on bare aluminum.

I was going to wear it at Carlisle:rofl: VOTE FOR HOPPY!!!!! Remind me next time I send you something I will throw it in.

Speaking of voting we need a nomination for the second annual Wolfie award at Carlisle! He might be there also!

-
Back