Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
just like this year?
This year was out of my control. Guard unit ordered me to training on that one. Wasn't pleased. This year, my dates are locked in already, looks like May for that. So that week is free. I've got reservations for Thursday and Friday night in Harrisburg. Figured on hanging out that Thursday/Friday, then saturday drive down to Gettysburg for a couple hours.

This year was out of my control. Guard unit ordered me to training on that one. Wasn't pleased. This year, my dates are locked in already, looks like May for that. So that week is free. I've got reservations for Thursday and Friday night in Harrisburg. Figured on hanging out that Thursday/Friday, then saturday drive down to Gettysburg for a couple hours.
Hoppy took me to Gettysburg, was a highlight of my trip....

Hoppy took me to Gettysburg, was a highlight of my trip....
Nice, I went years ago during a class field trip but we didn't stay but for a few minutes. Got there right as a thunderstorm prompted tornado warnings so we bunkered down in the shelter and left without seeing anything.

Gem module is creating the fault. Shorted to ground internally. If i power circuit lights come on.

Nice, I went years ago during a class field trip but we didn't stay but for a few minutes. Got there right as a thunderstorm prompted tornado warnings so we bunkered down in the shelter and left without seeing anything.
We are coming in a couple days early and spending a day there.

47577064_2450952061598340_9117231497911205888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

You need at the minimum a full a day there. Do the museum, movie and cyclorama first to get a refresher on the battle. I highly recommend walking the corn field where Pickets charge happened then you really understand why they got slaughtered. Desert rules there PLENTY of cold water usually hot as hell and humid in July. Sunblock also is a good idea. You will be in and out of the car a lot also, big place.

You need at the minimum a full a day there. Do the museum, movie and cyclorama first to get a refresher on the battle. I highly recommend walking the corn field where Pickets charge happened then you really understand why they got slaughtered. Desert rules there PLENTY of cold water usually hot as hell and humid in July. Sunblock also is a good idea. You will be in and out of the car a lot also, big place.
noted

Chris if you are bringing the kids recommend you drop them off to Chuckie Cheese with a few hundred in tokens get your hands stamped wit the parent number and come back later for them!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chris if you are bringing the kids recommend you drop them off to Chuckie Cheese with a few hundred in tokens get your hands stamped wit the parent number and come back later for them!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
hopefully, it'll just be me :lol:

Last year we came in Wednesday. Thursday was like early bird shopping. Not a lot of buyers there, but the sellers were ready.
Your right the crowds showed Friday and were gone Saturday night. Made two of my bigger buys Sunday, sellers didn't want to haul them home.

Last year we came in Wednesday. Thursday was like early bird shopping. Not a lot of buyers there, but the sellers were ready.
Your right the crowds showed Friday and were gone Saturday night. Made two of my bigger buys Sunday, sellers didn't want to haul them home.
Thursday is the day that other savvy/veteran vendors go around and try to buy low from new, unsuspecting vendors, so they can sell it higher on their spots...Seen it many times. I remember my first time vending. The vetran guys were all over my stuff, even before I could unbox it all. I told every one of them...Come back tomorrow....:thumbsup:

To give you some idea, we arrived and parked near Meade's HQ - around 5:30 PM. NPS buildings were closed. We walked to 20th Maine's position on the 2nd day of battle. Returned along the paved road and got back to the car at nearly 10 PM. That's just the left wing of the Union positions starting on the 2nd day.

-
Back