Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
snowin like a mutha here. S'posed to get a few inches, but should be done by 1PM. Hopefully sooner, will probably need to do a quick run with the blower before work.

:BangHead:
Yeah want to hear something really sad? My state income taxes before deductions are less than what I’ll be paying in excise taxes each year on the wife’s new car for the next 3 years. Furthermore , they don’t go by what you actually paid, nope, they screw you by going with what class it’s in based on MSRP. In addition I get hit with a luxury fee because it’s options throw it into “luxury class suv” I get hit with an extra 500 bucks a year for 3 years on top of the excise tax.
You gotta' pay to play.

Not to mention weight fees on trucks
ALL trucks in California are registered as a commercial vehicle. ALL TRUCKS!!!:BangHead: AND, for example, my truck can pull a 30k lb goose neck trailer, BUT, you have to pay extra to do it legally!! Pay more weight fee.....AND the CHP checks what your truck is registered for when they pass you, with a trailer.....EVEN if the trailer you are pulling is unloaded. It is the Capacity of the trailer they look at...How many tires on the ground...

Last edited:
ALL trucks in California are registered as a commercial vehicle. ALL TRUCKS!!!:BangHead: AND, for example, my truck can pull a 30k lb goose neck trailer, BUT, you have to pay extra to do it legally!! Pay more weight fee.....AND the CHP checks what your truck is registered for when they pass you, with a trailer.....EVEN if the trailer you are pulling is unloaded. It is the Capacity of the trailer they look at...How many tires on the ground...

Since I knew so many LEOs from working the gas station they liked to gas up at when I was a kid. I had that discussion with one of them. I have had a truck in one form or another all my life of driving. "Sure you can register your Ranchero as non-commercial. I suggest you don't even put your groceries in the bed. If you get caught hauling anything in there the ticket will be huge."

Since I knew so many LEOs from working the gas station they liked to gas up at when I was a kid. I had that discussion with one of them. I have had a truck in one form or another all my life of driving. "Sure you can register your Ranchero as non-commercial. I suggest you don't even put your groceries in the bed. If you get caught hauling anything in there the ticket will be huge."
Was like that for antique plates on trucks here. Were not supposed to haul anything. I think it might have relaxed now. I forget how he got around it, but was told that at a steam engine show. Guy hauled a steam machine in truck same as it was original. And they gave him **** about it.

Was like that for antique plates on trucks here. Were not supposed to haul anything. I think it might have relaxed now. I forget how he got around it, but was told that at a steam engine show. Guy hauled a steam machine in truck same as it was original. And they gave him **** about it.
Good to know.
That type of hassle is why I haven't put Classic tags on, never mind Antique.
I kindof do understand it with Penn antique as they are excempt from safety inspection

So much for 1-3" of snow here more like 6-10!

Oh OH they never saw the Tikey truck go to Carlisle then or is it yet?

die winter.jpg

California does not care what kind of truck you drive. They will let you register a Toyota at 30K if you wanted to....

California does not care what kind of truck you drive. They will let you register a Toyota at 30K if you wanted to....
Indiana doesn’t even care if it’s a truck. I’ve seen cars with truck plates on them. Never understood why when car plates are a bit cheaper than truck plates.

"Just sho us da Mony!" :lol:
last trip to PA, I got hassled in AZ, about what I was hauling. Had two cabs and a bed on my car trailer, got pulled over, was asked for registration, for the "three trucks" I was hauling!!!!:wtf::wtf: Guy was serious.....He actually ran the VINs thru the system!!!!

Major wardrobe fail here. When I left the house a short while ago it was mid 60s barely. The pickup says it's 75° in the driveway now. Wrong morning for long sleeves. :lol:

Noisy alternator on the ol' Buick. What do I expect for the original. 15 years and 100,000+.

Noisy alternator on the ol' Buick. What do I expect for the original. 15 years and 100,000+.

When the alternator in my departed GMC went out, without warning it SEIZED! Literally stalling the 4.3 v6! Glad I was just up the street from the rock farm before work. Popped the serpentine belt off and drove it in uncooled :lol:. Good thing I had company connections with parts suppliers in town, I had a new one on my desk by noon and home before dark.

When the alternator in my departed GMC went out, without warning it SEIZED! Literally stalling the 4.3 v6! Glad I was just up the street from the rock farm before work. Popped the serpentine belt off and drove it in uncooled :lol:. Good thing I had company connections with parts suppliers in town, I had a new one on my desk by noon and home before dark.
Off to Oreillys.

Major wardrobe fail here. When I left the house a short while ago it was mid 60s barely. The pickup says it's 75° in the driveway now. Wrong morning for long sleeves. :lol:

Awwwww...most of us feel so bad it is too warm out for you...:poke:

From whenever I texted you to about 45 minutes ago. Tow truck couldn’t reach. No one of course was answering their phone, so I walked the 4 miles to the farm, got the first tractor, drove it back only to get it stuck. Had to walk back again and get got the biggest one, the 8 wheeled sucker, yanked both of them back. Then had to walk back to get the other tractor. Got it back and finally my grandfather was home and ran me back for my Jeep.

From whenever I texted you to about 45 minutes ago. Tow truck couldn’t reach. No one of course was answering their phone, so I walked the 4 miles to the farm, got the first tractor, drove it back only to get it stuck. Had to walk back again and get got the biggest one, the 8 wheeled sucker, yanked both of them back. Then had to walk back to get the other tractor. Got it back and finally my grandfather was home and ran me back for my Jeep.

My Dad told me when i first bought my Yoda 4x4, "Ya know, 4 wheel drive just gets you out further before you get stuck."

-
Back