Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It was one of those things where I had reinforced the K, upgraded to V8 T-bars...figured it made sense to bring the LCAs along since it was a pretty simple weld job.
yeah.. i know.. i'm just getting lazy.. :( Not looking forward to getting the pins out of the lca's and the bushings... soon...

yeah.. i know.. i'm just getting lazy.. :( Not looking forward to getting the pins out of the lca's and the bushings... soon...

Bro' it's definitely a PITA... but you'll feel better that you're not mounting that nice new disc brake kit onto something that's worn or not up to par with all the other good work you're doing :thumbsup:

You're going to pop the LCA loose and tighten up the slack while there as well right?

morning, going to call on a 65 Dart 270 that showed up on the list. 273 commando 4spd with a bench seat original paint and interior.

Bro' it's definitely a PITA... but you'll feel better that you're not mounting that nice new disc brake kit onto something that's worn or not up to par with all the other good work you're doing :thumbsup:

You're going to pop the LCA loose and tighten up the slack while there as well right?
Not sure what you mean.. i am going to make sure it's not spread around the adjuster though...

P.S. LCA's are all out and k-frame and all

he is supposed to be doing that this AM
OK, I'm here now. Motor guy Googled yesterday. One cause could be too hot of a plug. The carbon sticks to the hottest point. I've increased the gap to .050 on the hot plug. After I do a compression test, I will use a colder plug. It can't hurt to try. He seems to think the rings may not have sealed yet. But has never seen a plug fouled like that either.

BTW.. any of you guys have an issue with re-using the LCA pivot pin? Mine has a bit of rust but looks like it will clean up ok..

Tree stump trick gardener friend turned me on to. Cut the stump of just above the dirt, drill 1" or something close vertical holes in it deep as the bit will go couple inches apart. Fill them with pool acid and let it soak in. Repeat a couple times over the next couple weeks. Acid will weaken those long pesky roots and the stump will pull out with much reduced effort.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeh, that’s not gonna work….Just worked some dirt around. Arrow is where I took that chunk of root from - other end was near left edge of pic. Shovel and rake for perspective…

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg

IMG_4210.jpeg

IMG_4209.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't forget arms, shoulders and everything else. I really try not to, but always tend to over-reach and feel it the next day... :BangHead:
You know it, ladder work can be the worst on us, picking Apples, cherries and Plums as a young boy/man till 15, electrician from age 19 to 23 I had my close calls and over reached just to spook me bad !! But now That I think about it, thats when I started seeing a Cyropractor (thats my way of spelling it) being right handed and working off a ladder making up boxes full of wire or hanging lights all day it twisted me up. Yep, from our neck to our feet, I believe ladder work is hard on everyone

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeh, that’s not gonna work….Just worked some dirt around. Arrow is where I took that chunk of root from - other end was near left edge of pic. Shovel and rake for perspective…

View attachment 1716099011

View attachment 1716099012

View attachment 1716099013

View attachment 1716099014
I am planning to save the Trumpet vine. It was covering most of a broken down shed when we moved here 30 years ago. It used to get flowers 40ft up on the Maple tree. Must have a crazy root system. I get sprouts 50 ft away in the grass. So, even if I tried to kill it, it would come back. Making every effort to keep its base undisturbed with at least a mound of dirt around it. Still figuring out how I will accomplish that. Maybe a small stacked wall or teraced behind it. Gonna be a process. No rush though. Aint hurting nothing if it takes me years. LOL

OK, I'm here now. Motor guy Googled yesterday. One cause could be too hot of a plug. The carbon sticks to the hottest point. I've increased the gap to .050 on the hot plug. After I do a compression test, I will use a colder plug. It can't hurt to try. He seems to think the rings may not have sealed yet. But has never seen a plug fouled like that either.
OK, compression test sort of. #1 - 110 , #2 - 150-160, #3 - 150 . If that will help anybody.

OK, compression test sort of. #1 - 110 , #2 - 150-160, #3 - 150 . If that will help anybody.
So there does appear to be a problem with #1. Typically you want to stay within 10% of each other. Not totally dead but an issue. Could be rings not sealing, one broken/cracked or upside down. Always could be a valve/valve seat.

Throttle wide open?
Same number of cranking revolutions for each test?

Squirt a little oil in the cylinder and check again. If it stays low probably the valve . If it goes up you are sealing the rings , should go up.

Speaking of hard work and overhead work. This morning I started on the clutch job on this 06 mustang V6. Looks like a plus. I don't think the exhaust has to come off. It's single exhaust and the y is deep enough to clear the transmission coming out I believe. Drive shaft came out easy ,O2 sensors that were in the way came out easy, starter is off now. Shifter linkage unbolted. Only thing left is the crossmember bellhousing bolts, and don't forget to put the transmission lift under it before I pull it. Kkkkkkkkk :rofl:

Speaking of hard work and overhead work. This morning I started on the clutch job on this 06 mustang V6. Looks like a plus. I don't think the exhaust has to come off. It's single exhaust and the y is deep enough to clear the transmission coming out I believe. Drive shaft came out easy ,O2 sensors that were in the way came out easy, starter is off now. Shifter linkage unbolted. Only thing left is the crossmember bellhousing bolts, and don't forget to put the transmission lift under it before I pull it. Kkkkkkkkk :rofl:
Sounds like a good way to start a project !!:thumbsup:

Glad to hear the exhaust can stay, the 02s came out clean and easy enough, you showing off for us older members here ! Thanks :thumbsup:

Glad to hear the exhaust can stay, the 02s came out clean and easy enough, you showing off for us older members here ! Thanks :thumbsup:
Pretty sure I'm older than most of you guys at age 66. I just look young. Kkkkkkk or maybe it's the younger women keeping me young.kkkkkkkk :rofl:

-
Back