Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That didn't work. :soapbox: Got the pigtail connector for the ministarter. Looked perfect, but would not go on right. Got stuck halfway and broke it removing. :BangHead: Guess I am looking for a stud kit...

Happy Monday
I would still strip back that plastic for the pigtail and solder/heat shrink tube right to the pin and run a wire... 10 mins work.. unless i saw it wrong

Might go that way. Looking at options
i'm not sure how your wiring harness is, but on my 62 they have the solenoid wire going around the fender with the battery cable then down to the starter, if you make your own wire it can go right up the back of the engine to the firewall/starter relay.. bout 3ft long, and clean (depending where your relay is, mine is right above where the starter is...)

That didn't work. :soapbox: Got the pigtail connector for the ministarter. Looked perfect, but would not go on right. Got stuck halfway and broke it removing. :BangHead: Guess I am looking for a stud kit...

Happy Monday
I hate days like that.

i'm not sure how your wiring harness is, but on my 62 they have the solenoid wire going around the fender with the battery cable then down to the starter, if you make your own wire it can go right up the back of the engine to the firewall/starter relay.. bout 3ft long, and clean (depending where your relay is, mine is right above where the starter is...)
Could do that, but then I'd have wires going 2 directions off the starter. Now it runs to side with the other cable and then to the relay. Not too concerned either way right now. Just want to get it running.
GAAAAHHH

That sucks
Yeh, and I just opened the cover. The contacts look pretty crappy.. Even if I get the kit for that, it doesn't include the other lead. This just keeps getting stupider. :BangHead: Really wishing I would have just bought a new chinesium starter.

Been working on panels for the cab corner/door post. Modified a couple dies for my bead roller and got a close profile for the outer panel. Next is beat it into submission.

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

Could do that, but then I'd have wires going 2 directions off the starter. Now it runs to side with the other cable and then to the relay. Not too concerned either way right now. Just want to get it running.

Yeh, and I just opened the cover. The contacts look pretty crappy.. Even if I get the kit for that, it doesn't include the other lead. This just keeps getting stupider. :BangHead: Really wishing I would have just bought a new chinesium starter.
Think I figured out the problem! Apparently I had not completed the required prerequisite amount of cursing needed to install a part on an old car. Now that I got that out of the way, it looks like it will work. LOL

Contacts are considerably worn. But with a little cleanup, I think they have far more starts left in them than I will require. :thumbsup: As for the connector...I did get the right one. Seems there was some dirt in it and/or the catch was already broken -stopping it from going on. I figured out how to work the broken catch piece, and at the moment, can't find the red lock tab... But it makes good contact with the pin. So, this thing will function.

Wal Mart run done. A $200 trip today but I got a lot of non grocery items like TP and cat litter. I did get some ingredients to make a shrimp and corn chowder for tonight.

Cab corner- cant seem to shrink enough to get it where i want it. Slice and dice i guess. Where’s my duct tape??

Never too late for coffee. Here's hoping every A bodies member has a blessed week. I have been MIA Building a paint booth in my shop.
Got my 72 Duster in there this morning ......I swear I did not miss any little spots on my Duster body prep.....but dang if there isn't another
little spot every time I go back around that thing..... Yep "The Salty Dog" is going to be Red, White & Petty Blue with my own twist on how its laid out.
I will post some pics in about a week. Godspeed my friends Gary C.

-
Back