Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I’m so over this solar eclipse crap. Gas shot up 1.00 per gallon this evening. Some stations have signs out saying they may limit purchases starting Saturday.

Grocery stores have already been mostly bought out like they were in 2020, and they’ve raised prices on most everything since last week. And all this before the 3-6 million new visitors to Indiana show up over the weekend.

Governor has declared state of emergency and all the National Guard, myself included, are on emergency standby to assist if the crowds get unmanageable by local Law enforcement and ems.
Like wtf. All this over a 4 minute blackout?

I’m so over this solar eclipse crap. Gas shot up 1.00 per gallon this evening. Some stations have signs out saying they may limit purchases starting Saturday.

Grocery stores have already been mostly bought out like they were in 2020, and they’ve raised prices on most everything since last week. And all this before the 3-6 million new visitors to Indiana show up over the weekend.

Governor has declared state of emergency and all the National Guard, myself included, are on emergency standby to assist if the crowds get unmanageable by local Law enforcement and ems.
New to me but I'm a few hundred miles away from the bull ****.

New to me but I'm a few hundred miles away from the bull ****.
It’s the last total solar eclipse for like 45-50 years over the US so everyone has their panties in a wad over it.

It’s the last total solar eclipse for like 45-50 years over the US so everyone has their panties in a wad over it.
Last one I'll ever see but I have seen ones before. I think ours here well be like 80% which will be cool if it's not cloudy.

Last edited:
Good Evening All, what a week! Portland swap meet tomorrow, if you are looking for something let me know, will check in a.m. before I head out.

They had a total eclipse in Central Oregon a year or two ago. Some people that wanted to see it thought ahead and reserved hotels before the hotels figured out it was coming. Of course the hotels cancelled all reservations made at that price and REALLY jacked up the rates, sold out too I'm sure and escpaed lawsuits in the process. We were going through the area to my sisters in Lapine OR before it happened and there was a lot of early arrivals in the area, place got real crowded I hear.

Some of you may remember the pictures of my house in Vinh Long, Vietnam. But those pictures were 4 years ago. Last year in February we upgraded many things around the house here. We repainted the outside of the house, New tile outside of the house everywhere. Re-tiled the swimming pool. Put up some shade awnings and some fans underneath. Just trying to make it more cozy. Here are the upgraded pics.

1000003710.jpg

1000003708.jpg

-
Back