Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just before the rain stopped about 15:00 it was 44°. Heck it was 57° at sunup :lol: Weird day.
Here in the very south of Vietnam, we are now coming to the end of the dry season, soon it will be the rainy season. So just before the rainy season, it begins to get hotter here each day and a little more humid. Next 7 days are forecast for about 98 or 99° during the day each day here. But I will be going back to America in roughly 5 weeks. I don't like to be here during the rainy season. Way too hot and way too humid

Come to think of it, ya got a good point there :lol:
last Sunday was the only good day in the past month. finally took the duster to the local coffee and cruise. (now needs a quarter panel and drivetrain) but its looking like we might be out of the rain for the most part (hopefully)

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL... shortly after this picture (after the coffee cruise with my buddies)

20240407_105855.jpg

I was doing some donuts in the dirt and crunched the passenger quarter in a pole.
We went back to my buddies house and kicked most of it out and I got the scratches out with a buffer. (it looks almost normal now considering it was flat straight down from the trunk.)
Then we went and raced his Chevy v8 swapped Nissan Hardbody (truck in pic) and my transmission started to shift funny.
On the way home; (at 9:30 at night) it started to miss shifts then it lost all gears. LUCKILY I was able to coast down a hill into an autozone parking lot. After I put a bottle of stop slip and two more quarts in it I was able to drive home in first gear at 20mph.
ALSO; at the coffee cruise my friend noticed that my front intake bolts were loose. They were not in fact loose. The bolts pulled the threads out of the cylinder heads. And the 318 is huffing wet oil out of the exhaust and breathers.

So I am building a new engine; my trans guy is building me a 518 overdrive, and I got a 8 3/4 out of a charger I am going to build soon too.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL... shortly after this picture (after the coffee cruise with my buddies)

View attachment 1716236320

I was doing some donuts in the dirt and crunched the passenger quarter in a pole.
We went back to my buddies house and kicked most of it out and I got the scratches out with a buffer. (it looks almost normal now considering it was flat straight down from the trunk.)
Then we went and raced his Chevy v8 swapped Nissan Hardbody (truck in pic) and my transmission started to shift funny.
On the way home; (at 9:30 at night) it started to miss shifts then it lost all gears. LUCKILY I was able to coast down a hill into an autozone parking lot. After I put a bottle of stop slip and two more quarts in it I was able to drive home in first gear at 20mph.
ALSO; at the coffee cruise my friend noticed that my front intake bolts were loose. They were not in fact loose. The bolts pulled the threads out of the cylinder heads. And the 318 is huffing wet oil out of the exhaust and breathers.

So I am building a new engine; my trans guy is building me a 518 overdrive, and I got a 8 3/4 out of a charger I am going to build soon too.
What an eventful day you had there.
1713076553783.png

Doing the coast to coast searches this am. Hopefully the wind dies down a bit have a ton of branches to loft off.

Great deal here.

Got the burn pile knocked down and picked up 3 trees off island ($79 vs $199 on island). Got 3 dead trees pulled and the holes halfway dug out for the new ones, will finish planting today. Also picked up a new Rhody, planted it up front.

3Leylands.jpeg

Fire.jpeg

-
Back