Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@toolmanmike

318 Poly... 2bbl. 3 on the tree

Screenshot_20240422_113702_Facebook.jpg

The plastic one actually got better ratings

GOGONFLY Battery Disconnect Switch, DC 12V 24V Battery Master Isolator Cut Off Power Kill Switch for Marine Car Boat RV ATV Auto Truck Vehicle, with 2 Waterproof Key, 4 Copper Ring Terminals https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J25P42X?tag=fabo03-20

HMY 7N0718 7H7290 Caterpillar Battery Disconnect Master Power Starter Switch with 2 Position 2 Terminal 2 Keys for Excavators, Dump Trucks and Other Heavy Equipment, 2.3x2.3x3.3 IN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R5BCH1V?tag=fabo03-20
I need something for the Charger. I wonder if the key can be left in when driving or if it will fall out? With it being also a street car, you just know some dumbass will flip the switch when parked sometime and have to get back out and switch it on.

Edit: I see race classes prohibit the plastic and keyed switches

Last edited:
Thanks...

Getting the distributor in and wiring the tach is coming up.

Have to modify the transmission cross member before I install to accommodate the twice pipes. I have the back of the motor supported so the angle is a bit off until I get the tranny in, then the distributor.

I'll lose the brake booster... it's not going to fit.
@WV64Signet

Why? Lots of 64-66 V8 Valiants, Barracudas and Darts with Power Steering!

1965 Valiant Engine02.jpg

I need something for the Charger. I wonder if the key can be left in when driving or if it will fall out? With it being also a street car, you just know some dumbass will flip the switch when parked sometime and have to get back out and switch it on.

Edit: I see race classes prohibit the plastic and keyed switches
You could probably do like some others mentioned with an under-dash or glove box option

You could probably do like some others mentioned with an under-dash or glove box option
no, it needs to be at the rear of the car for the safety crew in case of an incident. I would personally like one close to me in arms reach also. Then I could shut it all down, if needed, right from the driver's seat.

no, it needs to be at the rear of the car for the safety crew in case of an incident. I would personally like one close to me in arms reach also. Then I could shut it all down, if needed, right from the driver's seat.
Ahhh... gotcha...

I think that's why mine has the electric trunk release, so you don't have to mess with keys, or get our of the car to have someone else shut it off

That is how I do all mine, it works out pretty well.
Yeah.. i kinda wanna do it.. but man... i have lost all motivation and if i change something else this car will never move :) I am waiting on a couple of trans parts (place shipped the wrong ****...) and i could have done interior **** this weekend.. i slept instead.. i need to get in gear

-
Back