Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It wasn't completely horrible, but I don't think there is actually a fun version of that job. There's just varying degrees of 'not fun'
I used an electric wood chisel with a modified blade and that was way better than a putty knife. Still hard on the back and arms.

A mixture of dry ice and AL key haul
Works. Spray blast. If you have a rotisserie you can pack it in dry ice and wait at 10, 15 minutes and hit it with a hammer.
I tried WD-40 and that helped and better than heat that seemed to smear it around and soften it up to much.
But I'm no expert on it.

I tried WD-40 and that helped and better than heat that seemed to smear it around and soften it up to much.
But I'm no expert on it.
That's the problem with just softening it. Smears it around .
Almost like chemical paint stripping.
I guess I was maybe 14 or 15. I worked in my grandfather's shop.We had a big sandblast room. Did a lot of structural steel, cars you name it. We had a rotisserie to rotate body's. We hired a guy from Israel. one day a car comes in and in his broken English . You get for me 10 lbs cold ice he called it. A bottle of medicine alcohol and 6 beers for me.
Made it up like a paste. This best way, easy.
Well after about 10 minutes he picks up a hammer, and it's jumping off the metal in hunks.

That's the problem with just softening it. Smears it around .
Almost like chemical paint stripping.
I guess I was maybe 14 or 15. I worked in my grandfather's shop.We had a big sandblast room. Did a lot of structural steel, cars you name it. We had a rotisserie to rotate body's. We hired a guy from Israel. one day a car comes in and in his broken English . You get for me 10 lbs cold ice he called it. A bottle of medicine alcohol and 6 beers for me.
Made it up like a paste. This best way, easy.
Well after about 10 minutes he picks up a hammer, and it's jumping off the metal in hunks.
:rofl:I like that guy.

WOW This is a slick machine.

Is it just me or do I see a machine that can make a high flowing exhaust manifold? CNC should be able to duplicate Dutta Duals to a new design small block exhaust manifold? Trying to understand its limits.. eather way, those will be flying off the shelf I bet Mike.

What are you replacing the under coating with Rich?
Not 100 percent sure which makes me question why I bought a Schutz gun. Definitely a good coat of paint, not 100 percent after that. Also need to learn about the need to replace the body putty or figure out if seam sealer alone will do it, lots to learn

Not 100 percent sure which makes me question why I bought a Schutz gun. Definitely a good coat of paint, not 100 percent after that. Also need to learn about the need to replace the body putty or figure out if seam sealer alone will do it, lots to learn
Pictures would help but you might get a bunch of different ideas.
I bed lined mine and really happy with it, and that Schutz gun you have should work for bed liner.

'Lanche are rolling....

4 - 1, end of the 2nd
Briefly watched the Panthers yesterday to see if they could even it up, down 4-3, next thing I knew it was 6-3, game over. Sure wish the Kraken would have made the post season, early injury didn't help them but that's no excuse

Briefly watched the Panthers yesterday to see if they could even it up, down 4-3, next thing I knew it was 6-3, game over. Sure wish the Kraken would have made the post season, early injury didn't help them but that's no excuse
Boston OT-lossed their way through the season. Really not sure how fast they'll go. Getting Ullmark back was good... still a couple of key injuries. As long as Pasta and Marchand light it up they've got a chance

-
Back