Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not 100 percent sure which makes me question why I bought a Schutz gun. Definitely a good coat of paint, not 100 percent after that. Also need to learn about the need to replace the body putty or figure out if seam sealer alone will do it, lots to learn
‘Replace body putty’ or use seam sealer- where?

First coat. Second one isnt much betterer. But its got two- ish coats, beats what was there. Inside of roof only needs one coat. Firewall concerns me, as i want it to look reasonably decent. I cant afford 3 days for 3 coats of paint.
IMG_0592.jpeg

Been a do nothing day here. Had breakfast but lunch and dinner is not going to happen. Trying to retire and sit around the house all day watching TV is not for me. Sorry just venting.

‘Replace body putty’ or use seam sealer- where?
There's areas in the fenderwells, esp. in the rear where things come together that there is factory mud. Also I am replacing the spare tire carrier section of the trunk and probably not the right way but I'll need to weld and seal that. Much more wire wheeling ahead, trying to think if air or drill is better

IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1564.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1572.jpeg

There's areas in the fenderwells, esp. in the rear where things come together that there is factory mud. Also I am replacing the spare tire carrier section of the trunk and probably not the right way but I'll need to weld and seal that. Much more wire wheeling ahead, trying to think if air or drill is better

View attachment 1716243037

View attachment 1716243038

View attachment 1716243039

View attachment 1716243040

View attachment 1716243042

View attachment 1716243043
I wish my 76 Dart Sport was that nice. Everything in your photos has left the chat on mine…

View attachment 1716243037

View attachment 1716243038

View attachment 1716243039

View attachment 1716243040

View attachment 1716243042

View attachment 1716243043
Especially where I welded things in I used this neoprene stuff on the outside and seam sealer on the inside. The only factory mud I recall was where the roof joined the body. All those areas needed work anyway, but if it was in good shape I might have left it alone.

IMG_7213.jpeg

Might as well brew up a pot of coffee. Going to be a rough week. 2 funerals and graduation on Friday. I hope I can get away with Tom tomorrow for his race engine dyno session. I need something fun.

-
Back