Stop in for a drink.

-
I like to camp at the shows. You are right there with your car, no driving to the hotel. As long as there's a shower. LOL
5 gallon bucket of water works just fine just hope I don't gross someone out that walks by when I take my shower. lol

5 gallon bucket of water works just fine just hope I don't gross someone out that walks by when I take my shower. lol
Joe and Toby (my buddies from here) got a shower curtain thing for out back of the camper, and he run's it off the water tank in his camper (that doesn't have a bathroom) It works well I hear.

Our Mopar club remodeled the showers at the drag strip and I wouldn't think twice about rinsing off there. We (car club) have done a lot to remodel/help out the drag strip facility.

Our Mopar club remodeled the showers at the drag strip and I wouldn't think twice about rinsing off there. We (car club) have done a lot to remodel/help out the drag strip facility.
You're a good man Mike I need to do the same here.

That is exactly why we bring all kind of different stuff to Mopars in the Park . It lets folks sample stuff they would not typically try. We wander aimlessly around the FABO tent and pour samples for anyone there. It is a total hoot. TMM has a great picture from the last gathering. Many of the folks on this thread are in the pix. You are in Ohio, that is close to Minneapolis right?

Not quite. That does sound fun though. I typically stick to my favorite few scotches, but every now and then I do have to try something bizarre.

$32 for this micro distillery brand. Made just North of me, in Youngstown, Ohio. Typically, most bourbons I try tend to start off mellow and warm, finishing strong and satisfying. This stuff is the opposite; I've never tasted something with such an intense flavor right off the bat. You usually have to wait a second or two for it. Very different for me, and enjoyable for sure.

20210105_175740.jpg

$32 for this micro distillery brand. Made just North of me, in Youngstown, Ohio. Typically, most bourbons I try tend to start off mellow and warm, finishing strong and satisfying. This stuff is the opposite; I've never tasted something with such an intense flavor right off the bat. You usually have to wait a second or two for it. Very different for me, and enjoyable for sure.

View attachment 1715664427
Looks like fun. I should open a craft distillery. LOL Just takes money.

Kinda like horse radish bites hard then mellows out. I would like that.

Kinda like horse radish bites hard then mellows out. I would like that.
If you get a rush of flavor first thats good. If you get a blast of alcohol burn that's not. Usually to much heads in the cuts. I didn't find the grain bill on this but I did on their next step up. Corn, rye,barley, and wheat. It should be sweet from the corn, spicy from the rye and the wheat gives a very subtle grain taste but usually smoothes out the profile (take the sharp edges off) Of course the 2 years on oak will give you some sweet vanilla, carmel, and smoked flavors. It should be a good one.

Ok well in a total reflection of my lack of discipline and inner fortitude I could wait no longer to sample my quote unquote Chinese single malt. My buddy gifted it to me and explained he drank a bunch of it his last trip to China. Kilchoman is a new distillery by Scotland standards. Established in 2005 it is a true farm distillery. Peat cut and harvested the old traditional way. Hand crafted single malt no coloring or chilltration. Utilizing both bourbon and sherry cask. All on a single farm. My observations are as follows. Official disclaimer I do not know how to taste, TMM and his group do it well. Starting with color it almost has a green hue behind the yellow gold. It appears to look a little murky, thick if you will. In theory being from north west coast Islay i was prepared for a lot of peat which I do not like. Not sure how to explain in tasting terms but it tastes much better than it smells. It had the distinct heavy peat smell but lighter almost floral? I know, makes no sense but just trying to be accurate. For me I like a splash of water or a cube in my single malts to open them up a bit. Not sure this one needs it. The taste was very surprising. It was light and kind of citrus like? Not fruity but kind of maybe? The peat flavor just was not there instead it was peat Smokey, is that a thing? Anyway it was crisp and light not all the earthy thick peat taste I was expecting. The box says I should taste rich layers of chocolate but I got no idea how to begin to find chocolate in this. It is very tasty and slips right off the tongue leaving a crisp Smokey citrus after taste. Is there such a thing as a summer single malt? While flavor was light and floral like it did not lack depth, it had many layers and they did not fight with each other. I would rate it a solid 8. I went out to shop put on some Cat Steven’s, had a bone left over for Hemi so she could join in a quiet celebration of simply living on this earth yet another day with me. Sometimes a good whiskey, a good dog and some quiet music in back ground is one of life’s simple pleasures.

0CDC2A4F-1C35-4A2B-9452-7AB39D539E0F.jpeg

B24A6CEB-8A0D-49BB-AEE1-9EED93317192.jpeg

Ok well in a total reflection of my lack of discipline and inner fortitude I could wait no longer to sample my quote unquote Chinese single malt. My buddy gifted it to me and explained he drank a bunch of it his last trip to China. Kilchoman is a new distillery by Scotland standards. Established in 2005 it is a true farm distillery. Peat cut and harvested the old traditional way. Hand crafted single malt no coloring or chilltration. Utilizing both bourbon and sherry cask. All on a single farm. My observations are as follows. Official disclaimer I do not know how to taste, TMM and his group do it well. Starting with color it almost has a green hue behind the yellow gold. It appears to look a little murky, thick if you will. In theory being from north west coast Islay i was prepared for a lot of peat which I do not like. Not sure how to explain in tasting terms but it tastes much better than it smells. It had the distinct heavy peat smell but lighter almost floral? I know, makes no sense but just trying to be accurate. For me I like a splash of water or a cube in my single malts to open them up a bit. Not sure this one needs it. The taste was very surprising. It was light and kind of citrus like? Not fruity but kind of maybe? The peat flavor just was not there instead it was peat Smokey, is that a thing? Anyway it was crisp and light not all the earthy thick peat taste I was expecting. The box says I should taste rich layers of chocolate but I got no idea how to begin to find chocolate in this. It is very tasty and slips right off the tongue leaving a crisp Smokey citrus after taste. Is there such a thing as a summer single malt? While flavor was light and floral like it did not lack depth, it had many layers and they did not fight with each other. I would rate it a solid 8. I went out to shop put on some Cat Steven’s, had a bone left over for Hemi so she could join in a quiet celebration of simply living on this earth yet another day with me. Sometimes a good whiskey, a good dog and some quiet music in back ground is one of life’s simple pleasures.

View attachment 1715664451

View attachment 1715664452
Perfect. Good job on the tasting notes.

Looks like you ate the best part of a T bone. I guess I wasn't fast enough to sample it before Hemi got the left overs. lol

This is why I love this thread. I would never purchase that bourbon being totally unfamiliar with it. Now if it comes up on sale I will snag a bottle for shop bar! Thanks RS for the pix and notes!

This is why I love this thread. I would never purchase that bourbon being totally unfamiliar with it. Now if it comes up on sale I will snag a bottle for shop bar! Thanks RS for the pix and notes!
I have only bought a couple bottles with out someone's opinion or tasting notes.

I tend to buy stuff if someone says it's good. Often times I have no opinions to go by, and I just buy whatever interests me. I usually waste a few minutes reading the side of the bottle (they all have to have a story, you know about how the CEO's great great grandpa started a distillery 9 million years ago). Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That's the fun of it

Sounds like a good evening to me. I like summer time, sitting under the giant silver maple in the backyard, sipping Wild turkey and watching my dog run around, bothering the chickens. I'm ready for the world to thaw out already.

My brother in law likes those Japanese drinks. The rice liquor, and there's some sort of whiskey too. Can't remember the names. He's into all that samurai stuff lol

-
Back