-
More unsuccessful beverage shopping today :BangHead:
White Claw Lime was today's search
I'll go to Bev Mo, they have everything
They did have it, but the 20someting at the register carded me :wtf:
Adios I said, I wasn't walking back to the pickup for the ID :lol:
Next stop no Lime, I chose another White Claw
th?id=OIP.jpg

I like the tart of citrus and like the Lime the Grapefruit is unsweetened :thumbsup:

More unsuccessful beverage shopping today :BangHead:
White Claw Lime was today's search
I'll go to Bev Mo, they have everything
They did have it, but the 20someting at the register carded me :wtf:
Adios I said, I wasn't walking back to the pickup for the ID :lol:
Next stop no Lime, I chose another White Claw
View attachment 1716076452
I like the tart of citrus and like the Lime the Grapefruit is unsweetened :thumbsup:
I have tased a few of those. There quite refreshing.

It's OK. Not something I would buy again.
Where's my sad face! I have a few of those. After collecting a few hundred, I have been trying to buy barrel picks because I can usually try them. Or, tasting at whiskey club or at a friends house. I have gotten burned more than a few times. Although, I have found, the bottles often change after you open them up and get past the neck pour and down to the shoulders. Many that I have revisited 6 months later were quite delicious. I also have a eyedropper bottle with filtered water. Sometimes especially if the juice is too hot, a couple drops per oz. will open it up and change it for the better. Worth a try.

Yes... I did a taste beforehand. Not a lot of character to it. I'll mix drinks with it... Old fashioned or Manhattan... but it didn't catch me as a "porch sipper"

This Oak & Eden is nice though
Where's my sad face! I have a few of those. After collecting a few hundred, I have been trying to buy barrel picks because I can usually try them. Or, tasting at whiskey club or at a friends house. I have gotten burned more than a few times. Although, I have found, the bottles often change after you open them up and get past the neck pour and down to the shoulders. Many that I have revisited 6 months later were quite delicious. I also have a eyedropper bottle with filtered water. Sometimes especially if the juice is too hot, a couple drops per oz. will open it up and change it for the better. Worth a try.

20230419_193201.jpg

Yes... I did a taste beforehand. Not a lot of character to it. I'll mix drinks with it... Old fashioned or Manhattan... but it didn't catch me as a "porch sipper"

This Oak & Eden is nice though

View attachment 1716080197
I drink everything neat but I need to get into those Manhattan's and Old Fashions. I have tasted a few and liked them and I have some bottles that should be turned into something else.

I drink everything neat but I need to get into those Manhattan's and Old Fashions. I have tasted a few and liked them and I have some bottles that should be turned into something else.

I'm very picky on the construction of my cocktails. Most bartenders F them up. Properly done they are quite nice

Whiskey Tasting Club tonight. We are tasting French Whisky so I think I will bring a nice Starlight Bourbon finished in a Cognac barrel. Cognac is French you know! Cheers.

20230420_174557.jpg

But the word without a capital letter in not a trademark.

I like MGD, Miller High Life, not so much. I haven't seen MGD here for quite some time in the black label I was accustomed to. I'll have to look more closely next time at the adult beverage dispensary, they re-packaged it. We kinda boycotted Miller Beers in our youth, they took and built a brewery on top of Irwindale Raceway :BangHead: . We went to The Last Blast TF and FC show. Numerous of the racers had written in white shoe polish on their racers MILLER BEER SUCKS :rofl:

I like MGD, Miller High Life, not so much. I haven't seen MGD here for quite some time in the black label I was accustomed to. I'll have to look more closely next time at the adult beverage dispensary, they re-packaged it. We kinda boycotted Miller Beers in our youth, they took and built a brewery on top of Irwindale Raceway :BangHead: . We went to The Last Blast TF and FC show. Numerous of the racers had written in white shoe polish on their racers MILLER BEER SUCKS :rofl:
LOL beer here is a neighborhood thing here. We drank Miller Lite because the neighbors across the street always had a party going and that's what they drank. They moved out of the neighborhood and we drink Coors Light now. I don't do beer much any more unless it's my own or a good craft beer. I'm a bourbon and rye guy.

LOL beer here is a neighborhood thing here. We drank Miller Lite because the neighbors across the street always had a party going and that's what they drank. They moved out of the neighborhood and we drink Coors Light now. I don't do beer much any more unless it's my own or a good craft beer. I'm a bourbon and rye guy.
Or whose racing pit you might be in :lol:

If I go out there I bring a bottle or two of my own. There's always someone around that likes the brown stuff.

Fun afternoon. Cedar Ridge has a new release. It's a American single malt finished in Amontillado Sheery butts. Ted bought one, we tasted it in the parking lot and I went back in for one for myself.

20230428_112447.jpg

-
Back