Stop in for a drink.

-
Mikie drained my last bottle of CR at lunch time, I gassed the truck up, and started out to the Missouri line and I get a call that my oldest son needed my floor jack in the lowes parking lot, he knew I was out and I keep a small floor jack in my truck, so I turn around and get to his location, his truck jack was put in his sons truck for some reason he explained, he had a big as sheet rock screw in his front tire, as I was leaving and walking back to my truck I see 3 more screws... we walked in the store, showed them the screws and complained, manager walked out to his truck and we picked up a couple more, he took a picture, took my sons information and they are going to replace the friggin tire, I was blown away :thumbsup:
Never made it to the liquor store :BangHead:

Giving this a go tonight... gimmick???

20230219_213713.jpg

20230219_213722.jpg

Although it's a bit of a gimmic it's pretty hood juice. There's nothing wrong with adding some toasted chips or a spiral to a bottle to change it's flavor profile.
That’s what my friend it trying. I’ll let ya know in about 6 months. Sugar shine.

I was lucky enough to win a bottle on a live You Tube vid from Scott's chanel "My Bourbon Journey". This stuff is just a little different but in a good way. How many O's in smoooooth? It's 123.3 proof, non chill filtered, and of course a hand selected single barrel. Scott teems up with Jason from Mash and Drum and they go on all these barrel picks. It's pretty fun to watch the videos and they pick your name to win a bottle or some samples.

Blue Note Juke Joint.jpg

Blue Note.jpg

Just a little story about the contents.

Blue Note Juke Joint Survivor Barrels​

In June of 2019, the rickhouse that stored much of Blue Note’s inventory collapsed in a terrible summer storm, spilling thousands of barrels and millions of dollars into the muck and mud. Most of the barrels were destroyed by the incredible force of nearly 10 million pounds crumbling six stories to the ground.

We thought all was lost, but a special few somehow survived the disaster. Surviving the collapse, however, turned out to be only the beginning of the barrels’ journey.

For the next four months, the barrels were left exposed to the elements before the wreckage could be properly assessed and cleaned up. In these ensuing months, the sweltering summer heat bore down upon the barrels day after day, darkening the outside and forcing the bourbon inside incredibly deep into the oak. Several thunderstorms passed through as well, pummeling the barrels for days, causing their bands to later rust and break. As summer faded into fall, the nights grew colder, forcing the whiskey back out of the now worn oak. After the wreckage was cleaned up and every barrel was assessed, the company found that indeed some had survived.

All Blue Note Uncut barrels in the market to date are survivor barrels of the June 2019 summer storm that caused one of our storage facilities in Owensboro, KY to collapse. we encourage you to try a bottle of this year’s 2022 survivor barrel release.

Finally got paid for welding the BILs four wheeler handlebars. We had to sample it right away. Good stuff.

20230223_163055.jpg

Ah, Ted and I are planning a trip to Baraboo, Wisc. next Friday for a Driftless Glen distillery tour. I'm excited about that. They make some of the best juice!

driftless glen pair.jpg

Ah, Ted and I are planning a trip to Baraboo, Wisc. next Friday for a Driftless Glen distillery tour. I'm excited about that. They make some of the best juice!

View attachment 1716055211
Ted and I are road tripping to Baraboo, Wisconsin tomorrow. We have a distillery tour scheduled and lunch at Driftless Glen. and I hope we can hit Dancing Goat Distillery on the way home.

Ted and I are road tripping to Baraboo, Wisconsin tomorrow. We have a distillery tour scheduled and lunch at Driftless Glen. and I hope we can hit Dancing Goat Distillery on the way home.
They must have named that distillery after their first barrel sampling and the delusions that followed :lol:

Dang, a friend just texted. He's moving out of state and wants to know if I wanted to buy some of his extras. I wish he would have made a list so I could digest it and not just send me a sideways photo of a bottle. LMAO. I'm making a list.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one. I don't know if I should open it though. They are worth a fortune on the secondary market.

IMG953935.jpg

I went out to get some Shiner Bock to take to a luncheon tomorrow. My 3 always places got nothin! "Our distributor hasn't been bringing any." :BangHead: I got some
Steam_CanBottlePint_v2.png
instead :D

-
Back