Stop in for a drink.

-
Oh boy! I needed to uncorked this for a tasting tomorrow night. It's always better after it airs out. Simply delish! Note the barrel finishes.

20231024_193822.jpg

20231024_194053.jpg

20231024_194458.jpg

In cognac casks, a sherry. This is a taist I can not emagin Toolman, tell me what catches your buds first, a sweet barrel or towards a Cognac to Sherry ? Or none above ?? Congratulations
I'll have to pour another one.

Boy this is crazy stuff. It is a barrel pick from a wine and spirits store. I burned my mouth a bit with some chili a few days ago. When I tasted it at the store I just about didn't buy it but I pulled the trigger. I also picked up a bottle for a friend here. 119 proof and it was hot. I tried some water and some ice. The butter pecan came through. The further down past the neck, the better it got. Smooth and creamy. Buttery, caramel/butterscotch with a toasted oak hint. It's interesting, the guy that picked this got apricot snd baking spices. There is no wrong here. You taste and smell what you get.

20231103_224116.jpg

Don't overlook a store pick or a barrel pick. The store usually offers samples if you ask. They are often much better than the shelf bottles of the same brand.

Boy this is crazy stuff. It is a barrel pick from a wine and spirits store. I burned my mouth a bit with some chili a few days ago. When I tasted it at the store I just about didn't buy it but I pulled the trigger. I also picked up a bottle for a friend here. 119 proof and it was hot. I tried some water and some ice. The butter pecan came through. The further down past the neck, the better it got. Smooth and creamy. Buttery, caramel/butterscotch with a toasted oak hint. It's interesting, the guy that picked this got apricot snd baking spices. There is no wrong here. You taste and smell what you get.

View attachment 1716162014
I just posted this on my Facebook group. @68original It has really come around. I will need another bottle soon. LMAO

1699231847771.png

1699231888100.png

@ZMan67S Here's a video of their top 4 bourbons. I tend to agree. ANd whether you agree with their 1-4 choices they give some good tasting notes that may be your favorites. I have all 4 and I might try them myself and see what I come up with. Some of their bottles may be different than the ones I own. Different batches (depending on how big they are) can make a difference.

Last edited:
-
Back