Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
After I fired it up today on a fresh battery I agree!!
Do you know if its the original alternator? or at least an original, unrebuilt one?
Your car is so well restored, I'd hate to see anything messed up.

Twin sisters touching down. Storms facinate me. The unpredictable nature and just the raw power that demands respect. Luckily, no injuries have been reported from any of the tornadoes that hit today, roughly 12 confirmed touch downs.

F91A8547-8A01-4146-A9DA-CA0FAA161F21.png

Twin sisters touching down. Storms facinate me. The unpredictable nature and just the raw power that demands respect. Luckily, no injuries have been reported from any of the tornadoes that hit today, roughly 12 confirmed touch downs.

View attachment 1715338228
Extreme, volatile and a few other words. Mass destruction as the aftermath
One thing this planet doesent need.

View attachment 1715338228
You and me both. Many of us here go outside to watch when the tornado sirens go off.

Extreme, volatile and a few other words. Mass destruction as the aftermath
One thing this planet doesent need.
Meh. Mother Nature, tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding have been part of this planet since it’s formation. And actually, there is some benefits to them. From a climate stand point. Albeit a destructive force.

You and me both. Many of us here go outside to watch when the tornado sirens go off.
I do unless I know it’s close. I’ve been less than 300 yards from the downdrafts when I was a kid and that was scary as ****. Learned my lesson quick about summer storms as we’d just made it out of the woods and inside when it went thru the very woods we was playing in.

And here we get the occasional tornado,big one is forest fires.

Strange. How come I dont get alerts when I'm called out? Maybe tommorrow?
@ZMan67S See what Ray thinks. @halifaxhops
As far as I can tell, it is possible to improve the output of the lower rated alternators.
The trick is finding someone who really knows these alternators on several levels.
From looking at the parts books numbers and such, it looks like the lower rated alternators had rotors and stators with less windings in them than higher rated versions.
They also might be able to better (custom) fit the rotor to stator so the magnetic field is closer to the stator - but not contact.
But you have to know what you're doing. More windings might need more current to get a good magentic field initiated. It also might need thinner wire, which in turn could fail sooner (heat issues).

There's at least one alternator restoration place that seems to know a lot - maybe they know the differences internally.

Did 67 'verts get a higher output alternator to begin with?

I was looming at a kit to make the 37 amp into a 70 or 80. Came with a larger stator so it is definitely possible. The Delco the definitely can be modified the wind generator is a delco with a pm rotor and larger stator.

Last edited:
Morning.
Another cool start to the day.
Forecast is nice.
Havent heard from the customer that was supposed to drop off his car yesterday, unless that was the call around midnight, which means i wont be hearing from him again. Numbers that call in the wee hours without leaving messages get blocked.

I once called a guy in the wee hours.

He said to do it again...... still not sure what that is supposed to mean. I tried to annoy him and he threw sarcasm back at me.

-
Back